Genesis & V4 Elite texture

CyberpainterCyberpainter Posts: 14

I've been going stir crazy trying to use V4 Amy Elite texture on Genesis. I've finally have it where you don't see seams in the work area which is great considering it took about a month. Buuutttt when I render from a distant camera you see the seams. As for really close up you don't see any at all. I am using Genesis with V4 UV. ???????????????

Test_331.jpg
1065 x 718 - 51K
Test_332.jpg
1065 x 718 - 195K
Post edited by Cyberpainter on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have just tried this on Genesis by loading 'Amy Elite MAY All.ds' and I can't see any seams at all. I have the V4 UV Set selected in the Surfaces pane.

I remember a while ago, on previous versions of DS, the UV Set kept reverting back to the default after you set it to V4, and that showed a badly fitting texture. To get around that, most people used the little lock icon (next to the gear icon) on the UV Set tab, so that the V4 UV Set would remain selected.

If that is not your problem, can you please post a few screenshots to show the problem, because I am not seeing it here at all.

edited December 1969

You hadn't posted the images when I replied, but I see what you mean now.

I just rendered at 1000 x 2200, and I can clearly see seams down the centre of the back, and near the top of the arms. When I increase the render size to 2000 x 4492, the seams have all but gone, there is only a very slight trace down the back in some places, but none on the arms.

If I increase the render size to 4000 x 8964, there is not trace at all of seams.

The image below was a 500 x 1123 taken at a distance, and cropped.

JC_1.jpg
    353 x 148 - 34K
    edited December 1969

I just tried this again, and it does exactly the same thing with V4, so it is not a Genesis problem alone.

My Shading Rate had been set to 1.00 when I was testing at first, when I reduce it to 0.2 it helps a lot, the lines are almost gone, but they are still there when viewed from a distant camera. Someone is bound to have heard of this, even when using V4, so hang on, I'm sure that there is an answer.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I played around to see if I could help with a solution. The closest I am able to do is Advanced Render settings, set shading rate to .1 and set Pixel Filter to Box, then the pixel filter widths X/Y to 2.00

All this really did was blur the figure a bit when she is at a distance so that the seams are harder to see, but maybe not actually invisible. Hard to tell, my eyes aren't that great. These settings don't seem to have hurt the closer render, either, so it might be a solution for you. That said, if you have a full scene loaded, it might negatively affect the distance objects too much. Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

• CyberpainterCyberpainter Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

Being a perfectionist for each individual thing I do before going to the next step. I'll give it all a try and then take a hammer to mouse(it's ez to replace :) ) I also tried to re- sized Amy texture using V5 template but that just made a mess; Only because of it being a custom character morphs from DS3 V4.2 converted to Genesis. I'll have to try G5 then re-do my morphs to her. What a pain that will be! It took long time(4yrs) to be happy the first time. "Tweak this! Tweak that!"