Kala 8 is here!

outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
edited May 2019 in The Commons

She looks nice from what I can see. Her free stuff offer is already $20 better than the offer I got for Sanjay. Poor Sanjay.

Also my phone wants to auto correct Kala to Kalamazoo every time I type it. Grrrrrrr...

https://www.daz3d.com/kala-8

https://www.daz3d.com/kala-8-starter-bundle

https://www.daz3d.com/kala-8-pro-bundle

I gotta say I really like this promo render, though her knuckles look kind of rough.

Post edited by outrider42 on

Comments

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited May 2019
    She looks nice from what I can see. Her free stuff offer is already $20 better than the offer I got for Sanjay. Poor Sanjay.

That's because most male assets these days aren't very good.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

I'll be picking her up tomorrow - too tired tonight to shop for all those Loyalty Freebies ($90)!  She's an awesome addition to the library. Can't wait to start seeing everyone's renders!

• Richard John SRichard John S Posts: 389
    edited May 2019

A nice bundle, but I really love this hair that comes included in the bundle!

https://www.daz3d.com/arwen-hair-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by Richard John S on
  • plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

She's stunning, wow. I love how much personality she has!

• Payat ParinPayat Parin Posts: 980

An awesome counterpart of Sanjay. Need more creative and sophisticated makeup and outfit for her though...

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    That hair is pretty, but I really wish it had dforce.
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited May 2019

I was really excited to see her when a Mousso character for her was shown too early, but not impressed with the actual character. The head looks too big for the body and somewhat masculine. The hair looks nice. Most of the promos are awful. Waiting to see what forum members come up with... 

This has got to be one of the worst promos ever...

41C747C5-3A6D-492F-8E85-04182A2CFE39.jpeg
    1500 x 1950 - 427K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Even I, who use mostly males, have to admit she's probably the prettiest female in the Genesis 8 line so far. Really lovely.

Laurie

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

I was really excited to see her when a Mousso character for her was shown too early, but not impressed with the actual character. The head looks too big for the body and somewhat masculine. The hair looks nice. Most of the promos are awful. Waiting to see what forum members come up with... 

This has got to be one of the worst promos ever...

I agree - that render really doesn't do her justice, because in other promos, like the one farther up in this thread, she looks beautiful.

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

I like her, in cart gotta get ready for work soon so probably be tomorrow when can go through everything else in the 4 add ons and the freebies. Disappointed Mousso's Aakash isn't in the sale considering we or a lot of us got a look at her in an early sale and she was featured in the newsletter at the time only to be pulled and covered up like she never existed weren't even allowed to comment as all comments were deleted it's their fault they slipped up revealing her early and about Kala, hopefully she comes out tomorrow and not not be released like a gorilla that been waiting to be released for around a year now and still not out

• she is so gorgeous 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

I like her, in cart gotta get ready for work soon so probably be tomorrow when can go through everything else in the 4 add ons and the freebies. Disappointed Mousso's Aakash isn't in the sale considering we or a lot of us got a look at her in an early sale and she was featured in the newsletter at the time only to be pulled and covered up like she never existed weren't even allowed to comment as all comments were deleted it's their fault they slipped up revealing her early and about Kala, hopefully she comes out tomorrow and not not be released like a gorilla that been waiting to be released for around a year now and still not out

Yup. I was looking for Aakash, too. She offers something none of the other stable has. I hope she comes out tomorrow. But Daz has already taught me to wait as long as possible before buying a Pro Bundle. And thanks, mate, for using a full stop. It really makes your posts easier to read.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Another of the "go wash your face so we can see what you look like" brigade. Nice strong featured face, though. 

Got no use for the freebies that I've already passed on when they were released. Would have prefered the same offer as with Sanjay and get the HD add-on free. But I could use the PC coupon, so I'm not actually complaining.

• ElgyfuElgyfu Posts: 279
    edited May 2019

I bought Sanjay early then they did a much better deal just a few days later.  How does the intro deal last, a week?  Wondering how long I should wait this time.

She is very lovely.

Post edited by Elgyfu on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    JOdel said:

Another of the "go wash your face so we can see what you look like" brigade. Nice strong featured face, though. 

Got no use for the freebies that I've already passed on when they were released. Would have prefered the same offer as with Sanjay and get the HD add-on free. But I could use the PC coupon, so I'm not actually complaining.

I agree, it anoys me that they don't give a close up on the nude face

• TomCatOliverTomCatOliver Posts: 195
    Linwelly said:
    JOdel said:

It's not quite a "nude face", but Kala 8 was accidentally previewed in the promos for this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-elisaxlook-for-genesis-8-females

The day it was released, "kala 8 publishing build", or something along those lines, was listed under the products used in the promos, but that reference obviously got deleted pretty quickly. The promos for that outfit show the figure with a different skin.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited May 2019
    Elgyfu said:

I bought Sanjay early then they did a much better deal just a few days later.  How does the intro deal last, a week?  Wondering how long I should wait this time.

She is very lovely.

@Elgyfu, Typically, the intro deal lasts for two weeks. There are exceptions, but without an event sale coming up, I think it's safe to assume the offers with Kala 8 will remain active the full two weeks. I know I waited on Sanjay, only picking him up two days ago.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 567

She is a great counterpart to Sanjay - The nicest characters based on her are not in the bundle IMO, Lahki and DE Elina are both too cute to pass up....hmm, and I was hoping to only pick  the cheapest 4 addons to get the full reduction...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

The characters are good but not tremendously different or better than earlier DAZ Core G8F characters. The clothing included with the bundles and as add-ons I'm not thrilled with, about on par with Sanjay's.

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 795
    AllenArt said:

Even I, who use mostly males, have to admit she's probably the prettiest female in the Genesis 8 line so far. Really lovely.

Laurie

Very much how I feel. She really caught my attention. Love that face, especially her eyes. Such a beauty.
  • MescalinoMescalino Posts: 431

She is a great counterpart to Sanjay - The nicest characters based on her are not in the bundle IMO, Lahki and DE Elina are both too cute to pass up....hmm, and I was hoping to only pick  the cheapest 4 addons to get the full reduction...

For me it's Priya

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    Kala needs an option where she's an Indian goddess with multiple arms. :-)
  • EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    I'm annoyed Aprylsh daz original hair is not included in the "free" options. I had 2 I really wanted. Kala looks good, I really like both character add-ons in her bundle and Priya and Lola. Both hair in the bundle also look good. One of her outfits look like something I got when Penny came out, but no shoes. My cart is fully loaded, I get paid tomorrow, but am going to try and not buy until at least the second week of the sale. Hoping there are some lovely forum renders soon.
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    Linwelly said:
    JOdel said:

It's not quite a "nude face", but Kala 8 was accidentally previewed in the promos for this: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-elisaxlook-for-genesis-8-females

The day it was released, "kala 8 publishing build", or something along those lines, was listed under the products used in the promos, but that reference obviously got deleted pretty quickly. The promos for that outfit show the figure with a different skin.

Thanks for the pointer, as usually its the skin I'm most interested in I would need that, so unfortunately you link doesn't help me.

I think it should be possible in general to give the customer a closeup on the pure skin face next to the makup options

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151

As add-on characters I would definitively get Iole HD from maelwenn as his G8F characters are a rare thing. But characters from Silver and morphs from P3Design are also worth a look as always.

The extra deal is soso. The $90 free is cool but of course all products offered do only provide standard 30% plat club discout. There are only two G8 pro bundles missing for me. But only one of those would eat up the free amount. Maybe I treat it like "Get Lee 8 Pro Bundle for only 4$ ;-) Apart from that I miss some extra discount for the Kala Pro Bundle bringing it further down than $46 and maybe the HD addon for free. So a promotion like (a) get an extra X % on the pro bundle, (b) get older pro bundles for just X$ and (c) get the HD addon for free would have made me purchase instantly. So I might wait a few days upon deciding whether I shall get her.

Mescalino said:

For me it's Priya

Oh yes, Priya was tempting, and I'm still in two minds having not pulled the trigger yet, but it was a toss up between her and De Elina, but I liked the darker skin of De Elina.

• guitarecguitarec Posts: 43
    edited May 2019
    Nice to see her finally released, although still no sign of "Aakash HD for Kala 8" leaked back on the 11th... Link in that email still goes to a 404 error page...
    20190523_071409.jpg
    1080 x 3138 - 1M
    Post edited by guitarec on

The $90 free is cool but of course all products offered do only provide standard 30% plat club discout.

I appreciated the $90 Loyalty bonus, but I think the issue is the Daz Original deals of the last week have eaten into much of the special of X amount of Daz Originals Free if you've splurged during those deals.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

She is stunning! Love the characters, hair and clothing in this Pro bundle. Gotta go search the couch cushions for quarters and pinch some pennies to see if I can bring her home! 

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Love it.  I just wish I had the money to get her.  Oh well, eventually.