Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

Like reality its a learning curve gosh I haven’t looked at those stats in so long… Could also be from converting from PNG to jpeg (to allow posting large multiple pics) the quality degrades its best to see them on my D/A page.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 2013

Hmm, on second thought, I think my monitor is set too bright. I had to adjust it when I was playing a game. The text looks fuzzy too. Let me check the monitor and video card. Yeah, something happened.

Lux render ran out of memory when it was converting the geometry from Daz format to Lux format. I blame the high-polygon clothes.

Genesis Kid with Lana skin in Lux. I'll let Lux run for an hour or so.

edit: I should delete the glass sphere to speed up the render. ;)

Luxus_kid_1.jpg
    437 x 576 - 107K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Note to self: rough glass renders slowly. Thirty minutes later, the scene looks about the same. I did change the temperature of the distant light.

Luxus_kid_1.jpg
    437 x 576 - 94K
  • RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

You just have to let Lux renders cook and keep checking them now and again. You want to stop when all the grain is gone, or when your computer sets off the smoke alarm, whichever happens first!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I don't mind waiting an hour for the scene to render. The issue that I have is some simple scenes don't load properly in Luxrender. I'm going to run some tests with Luxus and Genesis. I'm not sure why Luxus and Luxrender are generating errors with simple scenes like the one above. If I add shoes and stockings to Genesis, Luxus will give me a render error or generate a truncated Lux file. The same scene renders fine in 3Delight. Ok, I'm going to play with Genesis and Luxus now.

I should also put four or five ladies from the previous generation in one scene and render it via Luxus.

edited December 1969

Laura in the shadows. I should rotate the sun. I should also render the scene in 3Delight so that I know where the shadows will fall. At least you can see some details of her face.

Laura_Luxus_1.jpg
    569 x 576 - 196K
    edited December 1969

You just have to keep going.....

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

An hour ? These are taking 5 to 6 reason being I have multiple ceiling lights. Light & glass eat up time like trans mapped hair foliage with certain UE lights. My tower at home bakes them while I sleep & go to work

4.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 576K
    3.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 558K
    2.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 566K
    1.jpg
    1600 x 851 - 666K
    Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

I agree. It will be interesting to see if Luxus will render more details on her face even though her face is in the tree's shadow.

edited December 2013

What is the spec sheet for your current computer? Are you sure it can fully handle everything you're throwing at it? If I had a desktop with the specs I have then I'd be inclined to give a full Lux render a whirl. As it is I'm not sure if I want to chance it, my laptop runs hot if I so much as run a virus scan for more than 2 hours. That's why I'm really glad that AAL has come along to cut the times down.

I think you need a weapons grade set up to really give Lux what it needs

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 1969

I know all about notebook heating problems since its now out of warranty I just set up scenes render them a minutes but let the beast do the baking since it will still blow cold hair on day 3

edited December 1969

Mine was a shop demo model, the warranty ran out after I'd had it a month. Ok, it meant that the laptop wasn't much newer than the one it was replacing, but, on the upside I could ditch all the manufacturer bloatware which, along with dropping AVG, sped my system up no end.

Do you use a cooling stand? I use one by Notepal, it has 2 big fans on it and it certainly keeps it cooler than my old one did. Even so, the average virus scan or drive wipe takes as long as the average Lux render would. I know it wouldn't cope with the amount of renders that you crank out.

One of these days, I will get an ubersystem with nothing but the best in it, god knows when that will be though.....

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

I bought a demo once the drive failed within a week I returned it for the 1st notebook I used to render with using DS3 & LDP2. Used that a few years then got this one it had been sent twice for service. I am starting to put commish cash aside for a more powerful better cooled notebook down the road but will need to wait for R3 for Studio since R2 does not play nice with win 8. I will then be able to put Win 8 back on the beast. The only other demo is my newer 65" Panasonic 3D plasma . That is working well.

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

This system is doing pretty well, except for the fact that Win8 keeps rendering parts of it obsolete, by updating with drivers that aren't compatible with the items they're for. I lost my fingerprint reader a while back and can't get any new drivers or software for it. I'm somewhat reluctant to get Win8.1 in case it messes with anything else, like my sound and graphics cards. If I lose drivers for them I'm finished!

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

I get that this notebook will be retired or die with win 7..... I will only go to 8 if / when all is compatible the beast came with 8 but had to put 7 to run stuff properly

Post edited by Bobvan on
    edited December 1969

I let Luxrender run for almost three hours. Bye

Laura_Luxus_2.jpg
    569 x 576 - 174K
    edited December 2013

Bobvan said:
    I get that this notebook will be retired or die with win 7..... I will only go to 8 if / when all is compatible the beast came with 8 but had to put 7 to run stuff properly

I think I got 8 because it was cheap and was worried that any future things I got might not run with 7. The only time I'll upgrade the lot is when this is on its last legs, or Windows 8 finally kills it off, hopefully that won't happen any time soon!

Desktops cool better, but, I don't really have that much room, at a pinch I could only just fit a 19" monitor in the space I have, or maybe a 17". The desktop case can't be too big either, unless I put that on the floor and have everything connected via wireless.

That'll be a way off as yet, I hope...

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I let Luxrender run for almost three hours. Bye

Hmm, looks a bit like VHS,

I'd leave it for as long as Bob does and see what you get then. If you're still not getting decent results then I'd quit while you're ahead and try waiting till you have hardware that can cope with Lux's needs.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

My 2 GHz single core processor is too slow. I'd like to render some dark scenes like Bobvan. I'll stick to bright scenes for now. Ok, I need to run some errands before dinner. Bye

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 2013

Rogerbee said:
    Bobvan said:

I think I got 8 because it was cheap and was worried that any future things I got might not run with 7. The only time I'll upgrade the lot is when this is on its last legs, or Windows 8 finally kills it off, hopefully that won't happen any time soon!

Desktops cool better, but, I don't really have that much room, at a pinch I could only just fit a 19" monitor in the space I have, or maybe a 17". The desktop case can't be too big either, unless I put that on the floor and have everything connected via wireless.

That'll be a way off as yet, I hope...

CHEERS!
    ...the sad ting after shopping around, I discovered, it would cost less to go to WIn8.1 than upgrade 7Premium to 7Professional. Looks like I'll never get that 24G on the workstation as I also hear there are a number of issues with 8.1.

...and that's not just from the 3D community.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,850
    edited December 1969

I was bored so did something simple. (A slightly different version than what i posted in either galley)

Very nice. You should get bored more often. LOL!

edited December 2013

My 2 GHz single core processor is too slow. I'd like to render some dark scenes like Bobvan. I'll stick to bright scenes for now. Ok, I need to run some errands before dinner. Bye

You're not wrong there! PP2012 and AVG alone all but burned out my single core. If I were you, I'd stick with 3Delight until you can afford some better hardware, if you depend on your computer for other things, then running it into the ground too soon isn't a good idea.

CHEERS!

edited December 2013

I'll join in the fun. How many images can one post?

I have four from different angles of a huge scene, it is still a work in progress. I revisited my Guardian of Liberty scene, which was rendered originally in LuxRender. This new scene is way too big for LuxRender, so I kept it in DAZ Studio.

Liberty Park, Cape Liberty, main attraction: Guardian of Liberty statue. Under construction, current project: scenic freeway around the park.

This is a WIP, I am working on a senator statue (done with Poser's G2 Male, because of the toga virilis I couldn't find for M4 or Genesis) that goes under the base of the main statue with a constitution behind him. It will represent a senator apologizing publicly for trying to pass unconstitutional laws. The base is symbolic of the halls of congress, etc. He will be holding a scroll with the words "mea culpa."

I forgot, the cruise ship is by Herminio Nieves.

New_Statue_Camera_11d.jpg
    900 x 506 - 83K
    New_Statue_Camera_12d.jpg
    900 x 506 - 73K
    New_Statue_Camera_02a.jpg
    900 x 506 - 79K
    New_Statue_Camera_15d.jpg
    900 x 506 - 93K
    Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

...the sad ting after shopping around, I discovered, it would cost less to go to WIn8.1 than upgrade 7Premium to 7Professional. Looks like I'll never get that 24G on the workstation as I also hear there are a number of issues with 8.1.

...and that's not just from the 3D community.

I know, I really, really don't want to get 8.1 for this machine at all and I'll be very annoyed if Microsoft force me into updating it before I'm ready. I want an OS that is reliable on a computer that is just as reliable. 3Delight and DS will more than do me for now.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

I have four from different angles of a huge scene, it is still a work in progress. I revisited by Guardian of Liberty scene, which was rendered originally in LuxRender. This new scene is way too big for LuxRender, so I kept it in DAZ Studio.

Liberty Park, Cape Liberty, main attraction: Guardian of Liberty statue. Under construction, current project: scenic freeway around the park.

This is a WIP, I am working on a senator statue (done with Poser's G2 Male, because of the toga virilis I couldn't find for M4 or Genesis) that goes under the base of the main statue with a constitution behind him. It will represent a senator apologizing publicly for trying to pass unconstitutional laws. The base is symbolic of the halls of congress, etc. He will be holding a scroll with the words "mea culpa."

When they're all this good, who cares!? That said, I think it's 5 per post.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 2013

nDelphi said:

I have four from different angles of a huge scene, it is still a work in progress. I revisited by Guardian of Liberty scene, which was rendered originally in LuxRender. This new scene is way too big for LuxRender, so I kept it in DAZ Studio.

...those are nice. I see a bit of Stonemason's US2 there as well. Seen the Cruise Ship over on Share CG, but never DL'd it though. Now I have to go back & get it.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    nDelphi said:

...those are nice. I see a bit of Stonemason's US2 there as well. Seen the Cruise Ship over on Share CG, but never DL'd it though. Now I have to go back & get it.

Thanks guys.

As for the cruise ship, there is an issue with the mesh on the bottom-back port side.

edited December 1969

nDelphi welcome I remember when you posted vids to fit v4 shoes to genesis can't believe they put us through it again with G2. starionwolf you may want to put a side mesh light I do this with darker scenes to avoid too much grain

edited December 1969

Bobvan, I never understood why the Auto-fit has issues there. If anyone knows of a post by someone in the know that explains it, point me to it, please.

edited December 1969

You & me both. T'is one of the reasons I dont buy content anymore. Also have waaaayy too much stuff that and old content getting broken as DS "evolves"..

This discussion has been closed.