To All Vendors / pa's - THANK YOU !

As I was finishing the animation linked below, I realized just how many dozens of products and vendors are represented even in just one still frame.

I have made a few meshes and materials for unusual objects and I recognize how much time, effort, planning, and tediousness can go into even small things. Sometimes we the buyer complain about prices (I certainly am known for jumping at the better sales), but today I want to say thank you for your hard work and making things like this possible ... I recognize your work is worth the price.

Animation Located at:  Pi Man Youtube

The animation pans out on an empty street and then pans in on an active street.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Very good, I don't think my computer would handle so many characters, unless you composited.

I was making a scene recently with the DAZ Originals Old West buildings and was wondering if they painting buildings back then and what would be the most popular colors they used? Surely they wouldn't leave the wood bare as it cause the wood to have to be replaced faster.

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967
    edited May 2019

Actually, in the Southwest, the humidity is so low in areas that wood really does not rot. However, at the time, red paint was perhaps the most common because it was cheap to make using iron for the red coloring ... that is why there are so many red barns across the United States.

Oh, and this is not a composite. This is a full scene ... which is basically maxing out my computer.

Post edited by 3141592654 on
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

excellent job. smiley 3delight or iray?

agree characters animation can tax the most robust system. so you did great job fitting everything in the scene.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

Nice work

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967
    Ivy said:

excellent job. smiley 3delight or iray?

Thank you.

This is an iray animation. I did cheat a little ... since it is an old west look and I was sepia toning, I chose not to let each frame render to completion ... it looked good enough like this - that saved a lot of time. As is, this is about 60 hours of rending (not including practice).

• Phloki3dPhloki3d Posts: 124

Really nice image, and the animation is nice so far - reminds me of Valentine in Red Dead Redemption 2! So much detail to look at but the tones and grading make it easy to digest, and you've done a great job of fitting content from different creators into one cohesive piece. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Actually, in the Southwest, the humidity is so low in areas that wood really does not rot. However, at the time, red paint was perhaps the most common because it was cheap to make using iron for the red coloring ... that is why there are so many red barns across the United States.

Oh, and this is not a composite. This is a full scene ... which is basically maxing out my computer.

Thanks. I will trying painting my Old West buildings. I noticed you all made very good looking signs painted on the buildings.

No compositing? That would of made making that scene much funner.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

As I was finishing the animation linked below, I realized just how many dozens of products and vendors are represented even in just one still frame.

I have made a few meshes and materials for unusual objects and I recognize how much time, effort, planning, and tediousness can go into even small things. Sometimes we the buyer complain about prices (I certainly am known for jumping at the better sales), but today I want to say thank you for your hard work and making things like this possible ... I recognize your work is worth the price.

Animation Located at:  Pi Man Youtube

The animation pans out on an empty street and then pans in on an active street.

You're Welcome! :D

• eshaesha Posts: 3,227

Thank you very much!
    Your appreciation is very much appreciated laugh

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,550

Really great video. Thank you for sharing it.