LAUNOK'S DONUT BOX

launoklaunok Posts: 782
edited May 2019 in Freebies

Yesterday I made this box in Sketchup but was quite frustrated when textures and text didn't export the way it should.

Finally, I got it to work as I have redone it in Photoshop and not using Sketchup's text tool.

The 'donut' inside box is just a simple flat image.

https://sharecg.com/v/93804/browse/5/3D-Model/LAUNOKS-DONUT-BOX-1

LAUNOK'S DONUT BOX 1.jpg
1200 x 563 - 607K
Post edited by launok on

Comments

• Thanks!

I picked up this, but haven't used it yet. I will, my characters get hungry.

• launoklaunok Posts: 782

Thanks!

I picked up this, but haven't used it yet. I will, my characters get hungry.

Thank you for trying this out later.  Please let me know if it works.  I am just learning myself these kind of objects. 

• PetegePetege Posts: 17
    edited May 2019

Thank you very much Launok for sharing this cookiebox.

It works great in Daz Studio see the attached renders. The donut in the second render is a 3D asset I have created for this scene. I used your donut texture image for it. If you want I can show you how to create this donut.

I see now that I forgot to create a mask image to make a hole in the the 2D donut. Transparent PNG backgrounds don't work. That is why the hole is black. I attached the mask image for the 2D donut. You can add a mask image to your freebie too.

Cookiebox 1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 95K
    Cookiebox 2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 100K
    FREE_donut_PNG57_Mask.jpg
    600 x 600 - 23K
    Post edited by Petege on
    edited May 2019
    Petege said:

Thank you very much Launok for sharing this cookiebox.

It works great in Daz Studio see the attached renders. The donut in the second render is a 3D asset I have created for this scene. I used your donut texture image for it. If you want I can show you how to create this donut.

I see now that I forgot to create a mask image to make a hole in the the 2D donut. Transparent PNG backgrounds don't work. That is why the hole is black. I attached the mask image for the 2D donut. You can add a mask image to your freebie too.

Oh my Word!! laugh  I am so glad you shared this and the donut you added - many thanks for the donut.  Now I know my freebie do actually work as this is the 1st positive reply I got from someone who downloaded it.  I am now currently in the process trying more of these objects.  Currently busy with a round cheese but struggle to get a proper plastic wrap around it.

@Petege,  yes I am interested in how you made the donut!  Please share this!  smiley

Post edited by launok on
    edited May 2019

I created a rack to put Launok's donuts on.

Donut Rack 2.png
    600 x 800 - 908K
    Donut Rack 2.jpg
    600 x 800 - 164K
    Post edited by Petege on
    Petege said:

I created a rack to put Launok's donuts on.

Wow, fantastic rack!  I hope you will share it with us!

Yes, I will share the rack. I need to replace the wood texture image by another one then this one is not allowed to share.

edited May 2019

For a kitchen scene I need some assets. I found your freebie PATTERN-ENVELOPE-2 (https://sharecg.com/v/93535/gallery/5/3D-Model/PATTERN-ENVELOPE-2) on ShareCG it very useful for it. Here is a Daz Studio Iray render of it with my own texture image on related to the kitchen. Thank you very much for sharing this Launok.

Soepy_Groentesoep_Kokkie.jpg
    600 x 800 - 93K
    Post edited by Petege on
    Petege said:

For a kitchen scene I need some assets. I found your freebie PATTERN-ENVELOPE-2 (https://sharecg.com/v/93535/gallery/5/3D-Model/PATTERN-ENVELOPE-2) on ShareCG it very useful for it. Here is a Daz Studio Iray render of it with my own texture image on related to the kitchen. Thank you very much for sharing this Launok.

It's great how this turns out.  I am glad that my freebies are of use, especially for me just starting making objects. 

edited May 2019

A new rack with the donuts and the new Toll house cookie box on it. This rack will be available as freebie.

Rack Toll House Cookie Box.jpg
    600 x 800 - 96K
    Post edited by Petege on
    Petege said:

A new rack with the donuts and the new Toll house cookie box on it. This rack will be available as freebie.

Absolutely fantastic work by you Peter!  I love the new rack too! smiley