Do I need to re-install the 3D Models?

Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
edited December 1969 in New Users

If I install 3D Models for DAZ and then I Install Carrara and Poser, do I need to re-install the 3D models?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio Poser content can be read by Poser, as DS contains a Runtime folder in the My DAZ 3D Library specifically for holding Poser content. DS Poser content prior to Genesis works directly in Poser, but Generation 5 and 6 (Genesis and Genesis 2) require Poser 9 and above, and also the DSON exporter from the store here.

Carrara can open DS content and Poser runtimes

What content were you considering, and what version of Poser?

• Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 1969

Thank you, JimmyC_2009.

I have DAZ Studio Pro v4.6, Carrara Pro v8.5, Poser Debut as well as 3D Coat!

edited December 1969

A lot of items that you can buy from the store here, work in both Poser and DAZ Studio, and often work in Carrara as well.

Things like DS Shaders will only work inside DS. I don't believe that Genesis or Genesis 2 will work in Poser Debut at all, but V4, and M4 etc (Generation 4 figures) should work. It is just a case of adding the Runtime folder to the Libraries in PoserD.

I don't really know a great deal about the most recent version of Carrara (8.5), but I believe that it can open DS Scenes now as well as most DS content. Once again, it is a case of adding the the location of the library to the Carrara libraries, but you would be best to ask in the Carrara Forum if you are having any problmes with it.

When you have the content installed, and want to know how to find it in Poser Debut, tell me what you have installed, and where, and I will see if I can help further. I have Poser Debut somewhere on my PC as well.

edited December 1969

Thank you, JimmyC_2009.

I can find some 3D models installed for DS in Carrara although I am not sure if any 3D model is missing.

At the same time, no any 3D models I installed for DS is found in Poser Debut.
    Maybe, this is because I am not familier with Poser Debut.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You must set Poser to use the RUNTIME folder in your DAZ Studio content folder as a content path. Then it will see and load the Poser content you have from DAZ Studio.

edited December 1969

As Jaderail says, you must enter the path to the Poser content by adding the runtime that is in your DAZ content library. Add the path to the folder which 'holds' the runtime folder, and not the runtime folder itself.

For example, if you use C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library, enter that path, DO NOT add runtime to the end of the path, make sure it finishes at the folder which holds the runtime.

Click on the Add Library tab as shown below, and add the path by browsing to your library folder.

Untitled-1.jpg
    638 x 846 - 258K
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Jaderail and JimmyC_2009

Sorry, I just can not find the ICON you show!

Snip20131126_4.png
    416 x 787 - 141K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here you go...

Snip20131126_4.png
    416 x 787 - 123K