ISO:Formal scifi/futuristic outfit

Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Working on some stuff with this character, she needs a futuristic dress or jacket/skirt, no skimpy stuff. Did search the shop but everything SF-related seems to have a pretty high skimp factor:( My character is G1, so G1 G2 or (prefferably) G3 would be fine. Tks

I gave her an old V4 outfit on this WIP but looks pretty bad close up:)

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited May 2019

I guess you have seen this (the top could be kitbashed)?

https://www.daz3d.com/lieutenant-synergy-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s
    https://www.daz3d.com/lieutenant-synergy-outfit-textures

BTW your pictures just disappeared.    Never mind, seems to be an IE glitch...

Post edited by Taoz on
  • SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

This is V4, so I don't know how well it fits to Genesis, but I've liked how it looks with other texture shaders. https://www.daz3d.com/space-dweller-for-v4 (And it has several add-ons for different textures).

The one Taoz mentioned above might be a better match based on the image you showed, though.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,272

You say preferably G3, so G8 is a small step away from that. How about Sci-fi Officer Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) (part of Sydney Bundles, Iray only)? Or maybe dForce Star Commander Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s), converted to G3M, then cross-fit to G3F? It's generic enough to work on a female character (and it's on sale right now).

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Tks guys for the suggestionssmiley! Yup, when I logged in today and saw the SF Flash sale and mega fastgrab I thought Boy are you lucky=)) So I've went through the stuff a number of times, and actually wishlisted a few items, but none of them are really what I had in mind...and I own a LOT of Gen4 stuff but they have a tendency to get distorted when autofitted, some work ok, some not so much:) And many have serious topology issues. I've found the G3 stuff to fit very well onto G1 so that's what I'd like to use. G2F is ok too. Takes a little more work to get right.

I like this one https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-lieutenant-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s for some reason, the boots look cool and the outfit is not hypersexy, think it goes in the cart for future use, but for this project...might have a look at some business suits/outfits instead.

Still would be greatful for some more tips on female uniforms/outfits...

edited May 2019
    NorthOf45 said:

You say preferably G3, so G8 is a small step away from that. How about Sci-fi Officer Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) (part of Sydney Bundles, Iray only)? Or maybe dForce Star Commander Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s), converted to G3M, then cross-fit to G3F? It's generic enough to work on a female character (and it's on sale right now).

Tks North, but I was really thinking jacket and skirt...and I haven't even installed the G8, will this stuff autofit to G3F or do I need additional products?

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited May 2019
    NorthOf45 said:

Tks North, but I was really thinking jacket and skirt...and I haven't even installed the G8, will this stuff autofit to G3F or do I need additional products?

There is the Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 Male to Genesis 3 Male, but there are some tricks to make it work without triggering autofit. Changing compatibility and setting a default T-pose is what it takes, I believe. There's surely a discussion or two about how to do that, but I don't know offhand. Maybe someone knows it well and can point the way...

Edit: For autofit, you would need the G8 clones for G3 anyway, so converting manually would be most economical.

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

I know I've read stuff here, but finding it again is more difficult than I'd like. Anyway, all roads seem to eventually lead to SickleYield's tutorial...

Tks North, yeah both the store- and the forums search engines are pretty pathetic, google is a bit better:) I've been reading all the numerous threads about fitting this to that, so I think I would be able to fit G8 content to G1, just not sure if I want to start buying into that generation, as I don't intend to use it. Might as well see what G9 brings;)

Anyway, picked up a couple of G3 products, but nothing that suits this project, so will have to look into kitbashing from what I own.