G2F Question and Help Needed

KC Riley-GyerKC Riley-Gyer Posts: 165

I have updated the DIM and DS 4.6 to the latest versions and then installed the G2F&M Starter Essentials. My problem is this...

Is there no shaping sliders for the G2F?

I have the sliders for the G2M when I load him but I have no G2F sliders when I load her. If she doesn't come with shaping sliders then she is a waste. Since I can't imagine her coming without those sliders then that means something has gone wrong and I don't know how to fix it.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't use the shaping pane as a rule, but when I load G2F, and look in the shaping pane, she is listed there under 'Actor' with about a dozen thumbnails, including Victoria 6.

It sounds like you may need to uninstall and reinstall.

• KC Riley-GyerKC Riley-Gyer Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Yes I know they are under Actor, but... waaaaaaa I didn't want to have to uninstall again.

*sigh* thank you for your fast reply though :)

Before I resort to the uninstall/re-install, does anyone else have some other possible solution?

edited December 1969

Well, I uninstalled everything except the DIM then did a total reinstall and still no shaping sliders (except for V6).

And just on the off chance, I have just checked the G2M shaping sliders and now they haven't installed this time round. I have the M6 sliders but not the G2 sliders. For the G2M shaping sliders, they were there before the uninstall but now they too haven't installed.

So, the entire G2F&M have no shaping sliders at all now.

What is my next step? Or has my G2 spending been all in vain?

No, I'm not happy here.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Can you post these 2 screenshots: .
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited November 2013

Here is the image you asked for fixmypcmike, and looking at it I can see the problem but I don't know how to fix it. Or is there a problem?

ds-g2-01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 373K
    Post edited by KC Riley-Gyer on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

In the Content Directory Manager window, remove the first two paths you have listed under both "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats", so that you just have "G:\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\My Library" under both. Always install to that path and and everything should be fine.

edited December 1969

Okay will do and yes, I have been installing to that path.

If I have any more problems on this subject then I'll post them here :) Thank you.

edited December 1969

Okay...

Since doing what fixmypcmike told me, I had hoped that the shaping sliders for G2F&M would show up. They didn't. So I uninstalled everything agian, including DS.

Then I reinstalled DS, checked to make sure the install directories were correct and set as instructed above. All is good.

Then I installed the Genesis Start Essentials, Genesis Evolution Head & Body Morphs, Genesis 2 Male Starter Essentials and the Genesis 2 Female Starter Essentials.

With just these installed for the G2F&M, what shaping sliders are there supposed to be so we can start using the G2s?

If I install the Genesis 2 Male Head & Body Morphs (which are separately purchased products) then I have shaping sliders for the G2M. This still doesn't solve the G2F situation though.

I feel like I am missing something so obvious and I can't work it out and it is frustrating the hell out of me.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

You are, the Genesis 2 Female Head & Body Morphs.

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-morphs-bundle

edited December 1969

jestmart: thank you. When I found the G2M's version of those, I had searched for the G2F's versions but couldn't find them. Even with glasses, I am sometimes blinded by the rest of the products around them (the forest for the trees scenario lol)