Possible problem with Michael 4 for G2M

2»

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    jimzombie said:
    Let me start by saying that I'm really getting into the whole spirit of G2 and our latest member. I'm also generally happy with Michael 4 for G2M, but I have noticed there are some... imperfections. So far all the clothes I have have tried fit great. Boots are pretty good too. The biggest problem I have run across is with gloves.

I've looked at multiple sets of gloves and none of them look great around the tips of the fingers. I've attached a a G1 and G2M picture using the Cyberpunk for M4 limbs.

I'm also attaching a G2M and G2F image of boot autofits. So far it looks like the autofit for G2F is generally better quality, but I have seen some instances where the G2F fits are less than optimal

Basically I'm wondering if other have similar experiences as my own.

Just to let everyone know... I have made a new autofit template specifically for Michael 4 Gloves that shows a vast improvement to the fit even without using a smoothing modifier. I would like to point out that the smoothing modifier still gives the best results because it forces the glove to fit the shape of the hand wearing it. The fit still causes some distortion in the original mesh, particularly in the fingertips of the ring and pinky fingers, but this is the best I have been able to come up with.

I also updated the autofit clone itself, reducing the amount of poke-through some have still experienced when not using a smoothing modifier. I was not able to solve the issue with capes and long coats. Unfortunately, because they follow the legs, there will almost always be issues with that when using autofit.

Lastly, I have updated the preset "Set M4 UVs" so that it does not set your shader back to DAZ default. I have submitted the updates to DAZ and hopefully they will be in your account shortly. When the update goes live, I will post here again so that those who do not use DIM can be notified to check your Product Library.

Thank you

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I guess I should have included a picture, lol. Here is the glove from the Epsilon outfit for M4. Still not perfect, but much improved. Thank-you all for your patience and not immediately returning the product. That would have really bummed me out.

glove.jpg
    600 x 800 - 96K