Morphing dials not working ?

124»

Comments

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

niccipb said:
    Hi Marcuse... sorry I haven't been able to help this last week, been really busy at work because of the mid-week holiday, but it's the weekend so I can help out now.

Okay...in this last screen grab I can see a few problems, let's take them one at a time...

1- The DAZ People folder that's highlighted needs to be directly under the Character folder. Just drag and drop it there.

2- The DAZ Victoria 4 folder should be in the Pose folder, not the Character folder. Just drag and drop into the Pose folder.

Also I see a second runtime folder listed under the Libraries folder. Could you expand that and post a screen grab? It really shouldn't be there, but I would like to know what is in it before doing anything with it.

ETA: There is also a V4 and Victoria 4 folder in the DAZ Victoria 4 folder, could you post grabs of what's in those as well because I don't recognize those.

Hi niccipb

That's ok busy myself too. Nice to hear from you again and thanks.

I think I've covered everything....?

Marcuse (Marcus actually but the name had already gone)

Updates_2_niccipb.JPG
    474 x 596 - 40K
    Updates_1_niccipb.JPG
    502 x 622 - 39K
    Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

Just checked and it looks as though everything's there, in fact more than there's ever been ! Really complicated though so trying to remember everything must take a while....

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Okay those shots are what I needed...It looks like you have a second Runtime in the main Runtime alright. Grab that second Runtime folder and drop in under directly under the My Library folder.

You should get a dialog window asking if you want to Merge the Runtime folders, say yes, then you should be asked several times if you want to copy, replace or keep both, for all of the duplicate files and folders. Just select replace for any that it asks about.

I know this seems a bit tedious, but If you could then post another screen grab when done with the Runtime folder expanded just like in your last screen grab. There's a few other folders we will need to move.

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Okay those shots are what I needed...It looks like you have a second Runtime in the main Runtime alright. Grab that second Runtime folder and drop in under directly under the My Library folder.

You should get a dialog window asking if you want to Merge the Runtime folders, say yes, then you should be asked several times if you want to copy, replace or keep both, for all of the duplicate files and folders. Just select replace for any that it asks about.

I know this seems a bit tedious, but If you could then post another screen grab when done with the Runtime folder expanded just like in your last screen grab. There's a few other folders we will need to move.

Thanks, no problem tried to drop it in but wouldn't take it. Don't want to take up all your time as I expect you've got plenty to do over the weekend as well....:-)

Updates_3_niccipb.JPG
    762 x 617 - 50K
    edited December 1969

Hmmm... that should have worked... your using Windows XP right? I use XP at work and I'm pretty sure that should have worked. I'm on a Win 7 machine right now at home so I can't check.

In looking at your screen shots, we need to merge the two Runtime folders because there are folders and files in each one that are missing from the other. Merge would be the quickest way to consolidate them. Otherwise it will take moving each of the needed files and folders from one to the other and that could take quite awhile.

Don’t want to take up all your time as I expect you’ve got plenty to do over the weekend as well….

It's alright, my weekends are my free time from work... ;-) although I just realized the time, almost 6 am here, and I've been up for over 20 hours %-P

Just checking but you did grab the 2nd Runtime folder that is listed below the 1st one right?

edited December 1969

I just re-read my other post, try grabbing the 2nd Runtime folder and drop it right on the My Library folder.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,179
    edited December 1969

Something very strange is happening here - the folder called Victoria 4 containing folders named for body parts shouldn't be in the folder called Pose - did you move it there, or did the installer put it there? To move the Runtime folder you would have to grab it -the one that's inside the other Runtime folder - and drag it over the Mt Library folder - when that turns blue, drop the folder and then agree to let Windows merge them.

edited December 1969

Yep...that's one of several folders that are misplaced. The first Runtime folder is missing some of the folders that are in the 2nd Runtime folder.

Don't know how they all got jumbled up....

edited December 1969

Thanks seems ok. Sounds like you're on the West Coast of America as it's 2.35 pm here with almost the whole country on flood alert and a cool and very windy 60F, almost the opposite of yours I hear ? I'd get some shuteye soon if I were you ! :)

Again thanks a lot for your help

Updates_3_niccipb.JPG
    784 x 647 - 43K
    edited December 1969

To move the Runtime folder you would have to grab it -the one that's inside the other Runtime folder - and drag it over the Mt Library folder - when that turns blue, drop the folder and then agree to let Windows merge them.

Yes I did that and said Yes to all which is the copy I've just posted....

edited December 1969

The "Victoria 4" folder that's in the Pose folder needs to be in the !DAZ folder

edited July 2012

The "Victoria 4" folder that's in the Pose folder needs to be in the !DAZ folder

I did that yesterday can't remember how ! Hopefully this is all correct now ?

Updates_4_niccipb.JPG
    501 x 649 - 36K
    edited December 1969

Looks right, I think - not sure about the V4 folder in "DAZ's Victoria 4".

edited December 1969

Hi Marcus... just in case I fall asleep before you check back in, once you have the two Runtime folders merged together you need to move at least two more folders that I can see.

Move the folder named Victoria 4 from the Pose folder to the folder !DAZ that's listed under the libraries folder.

Also move the folder named V4 from Pose > Daz's Victoria 4 folder to textures > DAZ > Characters > MilWom

I noticed from one of your earlier screen shots that a file was missing from the DAZ People folder. Check to see if Victoria 4.2.dsb is in the Character > DAZ People folder. That's the Daz Script file that launches the Power Loader for V4's morphs.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll check back in later when I wake up, but I'm sure other's will be here to lend a helping hand :)

good night... err morning %-P

edited December 1969

Looks right, I think - not sure about the V4 folder in "DAZ's Victoria 4".

Copied below....

Updates_5_niccipb.JPG
    792 x 625 - 63K
    edited December 1969

Oopps... you posted several times while I was typing my last post... looking good !!

Your in good hands with Richard.

Yes, West coast, Southern California, been overcast in the mornings mid to high 70's in the afternoon. Overcast right now, marine layer, I live not to far from the beach, the bay is walking distance from me.

Well off to bed...talk to you soon

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi Marcus... just in case I fall asleep before you check back in, once you have the two Runtime folders merged together you need to move at least two more folders that I can see.

Move the folder named Victoria 4 from the Pose folder to the folder !DAZ that's listed under the libraries folder.

Also move the folder named V4 from Pose > Daz's Victoria 4 folder to textures > DAZ > Characters > MilWom

I noticed from one of your earlier screen shots that a file was missing from the DAZ People folder. Check to see if Victoria 4.2.dsb is in the Character > DAZ People folder. That's the Daz Script file that launches the Power Loader for V4's morphs.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll check back in later when I wake up, but I'm sure other's will be here to lend a helping hand :)

good night... err morning %-P

:-)......copied below....

Updates_6_niccpb.JPG
    786 x 622 - 41K
    edited December 1969

HeeHee....still awake :lol:

I was hoping that after the file merges that it would be there. Try doing a Windows Search of the My Library folder for Victoria 4.2.dsb. If the search finds it, just move it to the DAZ People folder. If not, maybe Richard or someone will have an idea.

Okay I'm really off this time... :-P

edited December 1969

I bet ! Nothing found only this screenpic....

Update_7.JPG
    851 x 592 - 65K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Good Errr.. what ever time of day/night it is. Yes Marcuse I owe you a large Apology. I did get frustrated and I did Assume things. But I'm pretty sure I was the only A made from that. I'm sorry that I let things get to me and was not more thoughtful and considerate.

I see that progress has been made and you are in good hands. I just got home from my treatment so I need a few hours to recover. I did want to tell you I was at fault and That I regret my actions.

With Richards help you should be done before my meds can fix me for the day.

edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    HeeHee....still awake :lol:

I was hoping that after the file merges that it would be there. Try doing a Windows Search of the My Library folder for Victoria 4.2.dsb. If the search finds it, just move it to the DAZ People folder. If not, maybe Richard or someone will have an idea.

Okay I'm really off this time... :-P

Just found it I must have forgotten to open it originally :red:

Updates_7_niccpb.JPG
    833 x 603 - 42K
    edited December 1969

Can you show a screenshot of your content library, or smart content, pane with the file you are double-clicking showing? Assuming that's how you are trying to load V4 - File>Merge and File>Open won't work as she's in Poser format, if you want to use the File menu it has to be File>Import.

edited December 1969

Hi Marcus... I'm up and fully awake now... :)

Okay, I've just looked over where we are at and I can see you have the Victoria 4.2.dsb file where it belongs. However it now looks like there is yet another extra Runtime folder in the DAZ People folder along with a ReadMe's folder.

Just to stay consistent and not risk loosing anything, grab the Runtime folder that is inside the DAZ People folder and merge it with the main Runtime folder like we did before.

Then grab the ReadMe's folder that is also in the DAZ People folder and merge that into the My Library folder.

It's looking like we are almost there, fingers crossed :)

edited July 2012

Can you show a screenshot of your content library, or smart content, pane with the file you are double-clicking showing? Assuming that's how you are trying to load V4 - File>Merge and File>Open won't work as she's in Poser format, if you want to use the File menu it has to be File>Import.

Thanks. Not sure if the pic below answers your question ? If it does then I think I'm back to the original stage of trying to find the elusive hair adjustment/ slider buttons.....

Vic_4._Pic_1_.JPG
    958 x 580 - 52K
    edited December 1969

niccipb said:
    Hi Marcus... I'm up and fully awake now... :)

Okay, I've just looked over where we are at and I can see you have the Victoria 4.2.dsb file where it belongs. However it now looks like there is yet another extra Runtime folder in the DAZ People folder along with a ReadMe's folder.

Just to stay consistent and not risk loosing anything, grab the Runtime folder that is inside the DAZ People folder and merge it with the main Runtime folder like we did before.

Then grab the ReadMe's folder that is also in the DAZ People folder and merge that into the My Library folder.

It's looking like we are almost there, fingers crossed :)

Hi Nicci think this is correct....

Updates_8_niccpb.JPG
    387 x 621 - 30K
    edited December 1969

Hi Marcus... not quite, I should have been a little clearer. Guess I was still a little cross-eyed earlier :-P

Grab the Runtime folder that is highlighted in your last screen shot and drag it up to the My Library folder, when the My Library folder turns blue release it and than accept to merge the Runtime folders just like we did yesterday.

Then do the same for the ReadMe's folder that is right above the Runtime folder that's highlighted in the screen shot.

edited July 2012

niccipb said:
    Hi Marcus... not quite, I should have been a little clearer. Guess I was still a little cross-eyed earlier :-P

Grab the Runtime folder that is highlighted in your last screen shot and drag it up to the My Library folder, when the My Library folder turns blue release it and than accept to merge the Runtime folders just like we did yesterday.

Then do the same for the ReadMe's folder that is right above the Runtime folder that's highlighted in the screen shot.

Thanks Nicci. Update hope the files are ok ? Finally managed to sort out the hair morphing dials (great fun !) thanks to everyone, but there doesn't seem to be any option of both lengthening and thickening the existing hair for future public Lady Godiva scenes. Do you know if this is possible anyway or with any other hair products ?

Updates_9_niccpb.JPG
    569 x 653 - 47K
    edited December 1969

Marcuse said:
    niccipb said:

Thanks Nicci. Update hope the files are ok ? Finally managed to sort out the hair morphing dials (great fun !) thanks to everyone, but there doesn't seem to be any option of both lengthening and thickening the existing hair for future public Lady Godiva scenes. Do you know if this is possible anyway or with any other hair products ?

Hi Marcus... I'm glad I was able to help you... Everything looks like it should now and I'm also glad to hear that you can now use the morphs :cheese:

As for lengthening and thickening the hair, if the creator didn't include morphs for that, then one option would be to use the Studio Dformers on areas of the hair. Those work well for small to moderate adjustments, but if you want really long and full hair it would be best to take the hair into a modelling program like Hexagon and adjust the hair length and then import that back as a morph for the hair. Although the textures in either case could get stretched and may not look good.

There are allot of hair product available for Victoria 4, both in the Daz Store and at Renderocity and RDNA, and even many freesites like ShareCG. You might just have to do allot of looking around to find something that fits what you're looking for, or just make a new post here asking the community for suggestions and give as complete a description as you can.

One last thing I did notice in your screen cap, you have the six installers for the Celestial Hair and Victoria 4 listed in your Runtime folder. As a suggestion to help keep your installers in one easy to find place, Create a new folder in your Documents and Settings folder and name it something like "Daz Installers" and then just move those six installers there. Then whenever you download something new, put the download in that folder. If it's a ".zip" file like the ones that the Celestial Hair and Victoria 4 came in, just unzip them in place in your Installers folder, then when you run the installer, you just point it to the My Library folder. If it's a regular ".zip" then you can just unzip in place and drag to merge with the My Library folder.

I know this was allot of information to digest, but you'll get used to it soon enough and then be an old pro at it.... ;-)

Now go have fun and start learning this wonder addiction (AKA: 3D art) :lol:

edited December 1969

Thanks again Nicci you've been a great help, see how it all goes....;-)