Change the parameter settings of the default camera?

IllidanstormIllidanstorm Posts: 655
edited May 2019 in New Users

90% of the time I find myself changing the Focal Point Scale, unlocking the limits and setting it to 1000 instead of the default 100. 

I'm wondering if I can have this setting whenever I load a new camera under "create > new camera"?
I know I can save a camera and load it, but then I don't get to choose the option "copy active view" when I load it.

Post edited by Illidanstorm on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

You could do that with a script, copying the settings of the active view and setting the other things as you wish.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

90% of the time I find myself changing the Focal Point Scale, unlocking the limits and setting it to 1000 instead of the default 100. 

I'm wondering if I can have this setting whenever I load a new camera under "create > new camera"?
    I know I can save a camera and load it, but then I don't get to choose the option "copy active view" when I load it.

That would be very useful!

I always do the same stuff after all: deactivate headlamp, enable DOF, favorite its parameters.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259

save a start scene with a camera (or cameras) loaded with the parameters you want set. You can set up any other start defaults at the same time.

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

Or you save Camera Presets well the downside is Camera Presets delete all previouse cams from thne scene. Maybe cameras are better saved as Scene Subsets.

With the Customize dialog you can even add this camera SubSet load icon to the Create menu if you want.

For the missing "copy active view" command there is a workaround script mcjCopyVPCam.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

save a start scene with a camera (or cameras) loaded with the parameters you want set. You can set up any other start defaults at the same time.

I had not thought about this solution, thanks!