VYK Dolly Mine

*thunk* (sound of head hitting desk).

I never picked up Caryn 8 during the main promotion simply because I had no use for a baby in any of the stories I do.  I should have seen this coming.  I do have uses for denomic dolls.  Drat, Drat Drat.  Oh well, I guess I have to remedy that.

Comments

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    I have Caryn 8 but not The Girl 8. Will Dolly Mine work without Girl 8 since I have Caryn?
  • Looking at it I think you need the Girl 8 for the cartoonized face on the doll.  It certainly isn't using any Girl 8 body morphs :P 

If you have cartoonized you can probably achieve it that way.  If you don't have either my bet would be the face will not look right.   Since I haven't played with it yet myself I don't know.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I picked this up as soon as I saw it. It looks awesome! I'm a big VYK fan and so happy I picked up Caryn 8 when she came out. :)

@mwokee Usually, the product will work without the base morphs, They just might not look quite the same. You could probably mix in a deferent character like Sakura or other toonish type character and get a similar effect as Girl 8. It would look different but probably just as cute.

If you have any characters who want to see added, post them and see if someone can do a quickie render to show you what they would look like. I have a render going right now or I'd show you what it looks like without the Girl 8. I can do one in the morning if no one beats me to it. I haven't actually had a chance to look at it since I downloaded it yet.

Throw it out Knittingmommy, wanna see. Thanks
    edited May 2019

@mwokee I have some quick renders for you. Sorry it's so late. The day got away from me.

Left - VYK Dolly Mine Full Shape   Right - No Girl 8; Sakura (61.4%) + Cartoonized (38.1%)

Left - VYK Dolly Mine Full Shape   Right - No Girl 8; Sakura (61.4%) + Cartoonized (38.1%)

Left - Petunia/Posie Head (67.4)    Right - Paige Head (59.3%) + Cartoonized (38.1%)

VYKDolly_01.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 448K
    VYKDolly_02.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 441K
    VYKDolly_03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 455K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

Great renders KM! It's in my wishlist....... now it might be moving to my cart. lol 

Great renders KM! It's in my wishlist....... now it might be moving to my cart. lol 

I have a couple more mixes rendering. I'll update the thread when it's done rendering. I'm thinking I really need to invest in some decent clown hairs! I don't seem to have any. I'll have to take care of that soon.

edited May 2019

One more render. I played around with @Divamakeup's Toon Remix thing for the materials (none of the morphs). I'm looking forward to playing with that product some more. The only problem I've found with mixing this character is the nose. There are some extreme morphs on the nose for all characters so you might need to go in and dial back just the nose morphs to undo some crinkling. Overall, I think it's a very mixable character. The morphs out of the box are great, too, if you do happen to have Girl 8, but I think you can get some great looks without her.

Left - Dolly Head (30%) + Hanna Head (54%) + Anna Head (54.5%)   

Right - Toon Generations 8 (See Screenshot for Settings) + Paige Head (53.9%)

Toon Generations 8 Settings:

VYKDolly_05.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 420K
    VYKDollyMineTGSettings.jpg
    311 x 556 - 50K
    Examples are too toony. Can you do demonic?
  • Something like this perhaps...

Dolly Mine.png
    695 x 1125 - 517K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687

I have yet to get Girl 8, but that is mainly due to budgetting issues and sales on the Girl 8 pro bundle never seem to be when I have enough funds or when I have enough funds too much stuff on sale.  I do have Caryn though.  Might look into getting this, until then it will go to my wishlist.

edited May 2019

So, here is a horror version.

Left - VYK Dolly Mine out of the box     Right - VYK Dolly Mine without the Girl 8 + Hagred HD Head (57.9)

VYK Dolly Mine without the Girl 8

VYKDolly_06.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 332K
    VYKDolly_07.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 360K
    Ok I'm convinced. :-) Looks good without Girl 8. Thanks