FW Dan Megapack (Michael 6) [Commercial]

Comments

• Fred Winkler ArtFred Winkler Art Posts: 795
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Thanks, FWArt. The outfit is from Steam Cowboy
    http://www.daz3d.com/steam-cowboy

Thanks, oh I got that one,... yay. completely forgot. oh yeah remember now, didn't check any of my M4 stuff at the time because I didn't have Slosh's great conversion tool :) thanks for that, will need to do a few more renders again. :)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    Estroyer said:
    Well, good morning to you too :D
    I know there are some props with Dan, but I can't find them under DAZ-people-Genesis 2.
    In what folder did you put those?

are you in poser or DS?
    In poser they are under:
    DAZ Genesis 2 Male > Accessories > Fisty > Dan's Accessories
    in DS
    Genesis 2 Male > Accessories > Fisty > Dan's Accessories

Hope that helps. And the expressions are in the poses folder in DS and the Face folder in Poser
    Any other questions, just ask

I never connected the name Fisty!

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    FWArt said:
    Estroyer said:
    Well, good morning to you too :D
    I know there are some props with Dan, but I can't find them under DAZ-people-Genesis 2.
    In what folder did you put those?

are you in poser or DS?
    In poser they are under:
    DAZ Genesis 2 Male > Accessories > Fisty > Dan's Accessories
    in DS
    Genesis 2 Male > Accessories > Fisty > Dan's Accessories

Hope that helps. And the expressions are in the poses folder in DS and the Face folder in Poser
    Any other questions, just ask

I never connected the name Fisty!

yeah because everyone did their bit, Fisty did the accessories, EmmaAndJordi the expressions and I did the character, so we put it all together as one big thing in the end, seemed to have made more sense
    hope you have fun with it all. :)

• ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited November 2013

Another with Dan...
    We needed a Sci-Fi scene.

Stonemason's Sky dock and Sky Bike 2
    Included Scene lights and Camera
    ... and yeah, Dan got some sci-fi upgrades care of the 'More Than Human' package (off Rendero)

Edit: Forgot to note, pose is BWC - M6 Gun Poses - #11; with some tweaks of my own.

"Back Off"

Back_Off.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by ScraverX on
    edited December 1969

Another with Dan...
    We needed a Sci-Fi scene.

Stonemason's Sky dock and Sky Bike 2
    Included Scene lights and Camera
    ... and yeah, Dan got some sci-fi upgrades care of the 'More Than Human' package (off Rendero)

"Back Off"

oh wow that's so cool! I LOVE it!

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    dkgoose said:
    he's going straight into my wishlist, he caught my eye right away in a different thread, with the high price of M6 I won't be able to get him right away but he looks amazing

Thanks, glad you like him. I hope you don't have to wait too long till you can play with M6, because it's a massive improvement to M5... in my opinion anyway, so let's hope you can play with it all soon. Thanks again for your comments. :)

I have to agree with you FWArt. Thanks for making the investment worth it with this character 'megapack. Dan is definitely my new favorite character, granted... I like to beef up his morph but from a skin perspective, you nailed it. I own a couple of your packs and I think in my personal opinion, this one and Candace are probably your best work to date.

I'd like to see you bring this type of 'megapack' enthusiasm to a jewel of the Nile... Maybe a skin with Hindu forehead dots or ash Weds. black crosses, tribal painting... Keep it real too.

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    dkgoose said:
    he's going straight into my wishlist, he caught my eye right away in a different thread, with the high price of M6 I won't be able to get him right away but he looks amazing

Thanks, glad you like him. I hope you don't have to wait too long till you can play with M6, because it's a massive improvement to M5... in my opinion anyway, so let's hope you can play with it all soon. Thanks again for your comments. :)

I have to agree with you FWArt. Thanks for making the investment worth it with this character 'megapack. Dan is definitely my new favorite character, granted... I like to beef up his morph but from a skin perspective, you nailed it. I own a couple of your packs and I think in my personal opinion, this one and Candace are probably your best work to date.

I'd like to see you bring this type of 'megapack' enthusiasm to a jewel of the Nile... Maybe a skin with Hindu forehead dots or ash Weds. black crosses, tribal painting... Keep it real too.

Thanks I am so happy to hear that, and nothing wrong with beefing it up a bit. :)
    Also glad you like Candace also, she was my very first V6 girl and therefore special, so always nice to see her being appreciated.
    As for your idea, I shall see what Fisty has to say about that, she's the bling queen and may be able to come up with something cool for that idea. So yeah definitely something to bear in mind.
    Thanks again for your great comments and happy rendering :)

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Dan is on my M6 shopping list for tomorrow,

I'm glad you made some mats which utilise AoA's SSS shader as I wouldn't know where to begin setting that up from scratch! Time permitting, I'll try to get a render out tomorrow, if not maybe the next day.

CHEERS!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited November 2013

Dan dressed up in clothes from Woodgod M4 H4
    http://www.daz3d.com/woodgod-m4-h4

Woodgood03pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 204K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

Great looking render, love what you did with him.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

Wow, great render! And that outfit is fit pretty well. Did you have to do anything crazy to it to make it look that good?

edited December 1969

We know Autofit works well on G2M/M6 then. Great render.

CHEERS!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited November 2013

Greetings,
    I really like Dan with glasses. :)

Finally got around to getting a render together. I love how he looks! Enjoy!

-- Morgan
    [Edit: Added a second image, this one of Dan with the HD morphs dialed in!]

Dan_Experiment_HD.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 324K
    Dan_Experiment.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 321K
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, FWArt, Slosh and Rogerbee.
    I think there are many reasons, that helps the render looking good and you all contributed to it.
    So, thank you FWArt for creating such a great character, Slosh for creating Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male
    and Rogerbee for great comments in your thread about various topics and recommendations about Lantios lights.
    I have used Lantios Fashion Lights in the scene, but replaced Uber Environment
    with Age Of Armour Advanced Ambient Light which contribute to increased image quality
    and reduced rendering time in Daz Studio 4.6 Pro - it was around 1 minute 30 seconds.
    Besides that, Woodgood set is really well done.

edited December 1969

Thanks Artini,

This shows what a community can do.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Ah well, sadly Dan will have to wait a while longer. Daz make it too easy to spend money and I was in danger of spending too much, so, sadly, something had to give.

Back in 2 weeks.....

CHEERS!

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

I was looking for Danika after seeing her in the picture on the product page, when I didn't see her here I thought maybe she was sold elsewhere, I was surprised this morning to see she was released and as a PC item at that, downloading now, Thank You.

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    I was looking for Danika after seeing her in the picture on the product page, when I didn't see her here I thought maybe she was sold elsewhere, I was surprised this morning to see she was released and as a PC item at that, downloading now, Thank You.

Yeah I had hoped she would have been released already by then. but wasn't the case so I was glad she finally got her chance to shine this morning. It's nice to see her out and I hope she'll create some great renders for you.

edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

Thanks Morgan for those renders, really love then... and THANKS also for doing one with the HD morphs, I downloaded my HD morphs but haven't installed them yet, seeing your render that will be the next thing I do.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited December 1969

Excellent work as always, F!
    I was going to email you about this, but I know we are both getting busy for Thanksgiving.

Question to all, does Dan default characters have the mouth open in the morph?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,152
    edited December 1969

This is so bizarre, I just had to share. I loaded Dan and was playing with autofitting the SG Headgear I purchased recently. I noticed that Dan's chin was poking through the mask a little bit, so I played with turning off visibility of various body parts to see if I could hide the area poking through. That wasn't successful, but when I turned off the head, the result was so startling and bizarre, I had to render it. Here it is.

SG_Goggles_mask_no_head.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 952K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, that is s bit bizarre, but also cool,

Could you not have adjusted the scarf at all?

CHEERS!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited December 1969

Slightly bigger version is viewable in my gallery :)

Items used: The Treehouse, Grassy Grounds Megapack, FW Dan Megapack, Wachiwi Hair, Kay's Lair (the lantern and the pose), Magic Fall, Advanced Ambient Light (3st), Linear Point Light (3st), The Executioner, M6 HD (HD details), Fire and Smoke for Daz Studio.

Software: Daz Studio 4.6

Signature added in Photoshop CS6

Raikersh - the Last Wolf Druid

Story:

A light from a lantern fills the clearing, a man walks closer to you, his steps barely heard as the softly moves over the earth. The light of the lantern almost spellbinding and keeps you from noticing his feautures until he is close, eerily green eyes is gazing at you from the dark face of a partially shifted werewolf. Your instincts screams at you to run, but something with this man, or perhaps his lantern, calms you. So when he speaks with a soft voice you listen, and you can detect hints of wisdom, of age, of pain, of loss and of a aching loneliness within his strong timbre...

"I am Raikersh, druid of the Wolves and last of the Pack. It is a long time since I had visitors, will you join me for a cup of tea?"

raikersh_thelastwolfdruid.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 86K
    edited December 1969

Carola O said:
    Slightly bigger version is viewable in my gallery :)

Items used: The Treehouse, Grassy Grounds Megapack, FW Dan Megapack, Wachiwi Hair, Kay's Lair (the lantern and the pose), Magic Fall, Advanced Ambient Light (3st), Linear Point Light (3st), The Executioner, M6 HD (HD details), Fire and Smoke for Daz Studio.

Software: Daz Studio 4.6

Signature added in Photoshop CS6

Raikersh - the Last Wolf Druid

Story:

A light from a lantern fills the clearing, a man walks closer to you, his steps barely heard as the softly moves over the earth. The light of the lantern almost spellbinding and keeps you from noticing his feautures until he is close, eerily green eyes is gazing at you from the dark face of a partially shifted werewolf. Your instincts screams at you to run, but something with this man, or perhaps his lantern, calms you. So when he speaks with a soft voice you listen, and you can detect hints of wisdom, of age, of pain, of loss and of a aching loneliness within his strong timbre...

"I am Raikersh, druid of the Wolves and last of the Pack. It is a long time since I had visitors, will you join me for a cup of tea?"

Great render Carola, awesome as always, but then I told you that already ;)

• Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,

-- Morgan

Errr, actually, I can't see the difference between SD and HD morph in both picture.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Yonas Ang said:
    Cypherfox said:

Errr, actually, I can't see the difference between SD and HD morph in both picture.There are four core things that changed between the images. Dan's lips seemed to get a tiny bit more detail (it's hard to see). His adams apple (and collarbone) got significantly more detailed. He 'bulked up' a little bit (the detail is hidden under his clothes, but the bulk is noticeable). Lastly, look at the knuckles on his hand; they get a lot more detailed.

One of the things I've noticed the most as I've been rendering HD'ed characters is that kneecaps are pretty amazing, but they aren't visible here.

-- Morgan

• Yonas AngYonas Ang Posts: 108
    edited December 2013

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    Yonas Ang said:
    Cypherfox said:

Errr, actually, I can't see the difference between SD and HD morph in both picture.

There are four core things that changed between the images. Dan's lips seemed to get a tiny bit more detail (it's hard to see). His adams apple (and collarbone) got significantly more detailed. He 'bulked up' a little bit (the detail is hidden under his clothes, but the bulk is noticeable). Lastly, look at the knuckles on his hand; they get a lot more detailed.

One of the things I've noticed the most as I've been rendering HD'ed characters is that kneecaps are pretty amazing, but they aren't visible here.

-- Morgan

Ah, so basicly HD add on is like "every little detail that make the figure to be more human". Great, I'll need this product ^^ V6 to be more precise need lot of improvement from this HD add on, M6 young to adult already detailed enough for me.

Post edited by Yonas Ang on
    edited December 1969

Dan the wolf chasing Dan the man through the woods of Monterey. It started out as playing with autofitting M4 clothes to G2M and ended as this.

G2M_M4_Urban_Wear_Dan_Wolf_chases_Dan_Man_PS.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Dan the wolf chasing Dan the man through the woods of Monterey. It started out as playing with autofitting M4 clothes to G2M and ended as this.

Great looking render, looks like you had great fun. Love it!

edited December 1969

FWArt said:
    barbult said:

Great looking render, looks like you had great fun. Love it!
    Yes, I did have fun. I really like the Dan Megapack. I got it when it was first released. It really is a bargain for all that comes with it. I also like Danika and Darc and Ash... The only problem I have is that when I look for them by product name in my Product Library, I keep forgetting that the product name starts with F. I'm finally getting used to that now, though. At least that keeps them all together so once I find one, I have easy access to the others. I recently did an RRRR contest entry with Danika, Darc and Dan in it. Darc and Dan have a few other morphs tacked on, like aging and heavy. It is here if you would like to see it.