Big Renders - Grids/Titles Rendering

KooreoKooreo Posts: 45
edited May 2019 in Product Suggestions

Would be nice if there was a plug that would work like this http://mentalraytips.blogspot.com/2007/06/doing-big-renders-in-max-9.html.

A plugin or script that allows you to split a render into tiles.

"You simply run the script, and a dialog pops up asking you how many "tiles" you want to break the image into. Pretty simple and self-explanatory. The render is broken into pieces and saved as separate files, which you then can assemble in, say, Photoshop or similar."  Quote from the site above. 

What would be even better is if it would render the titles out till your GPU was full and then save progress restart Daz dumping the memory and staring the render back where it left off. (Like Render Queue by ManFriday)

This would allow even small gpu's to render larger scenes. (This is a problem I run into often of late as newer daz environments seem to be needing more memory to use.)

Post edited by Kooreo on

Comments

• that would be awesome. ive done many scenes where i didnt have enough ram to run it. even if i had a 11gb card,m it would still require more. i think if this was done, it would go over extremely well.