Collision Detection

If I remember right, years ago when I used Poser, I seem to remember there being a collision detection feature where, if you wanted to place a figure or object on top of another object, like a rock or a bench or table, you only had to raise the figure up above the object, then use "drop to floor" and it would detect the object below it and the figure or object would land on the object below it. When I do that in DAZ Studio, it drops my figure or object right through the table, bench, etc. to land on the ground plane below it.

Is there a way to drop my character on another object so DS detects the object below it and allows my figure to land on it? You'd think I would know this, as I've been using DS for as long as it's existed, but thta's one thing I've never figured out if it can do. Surely, someone here knows if this can be done.

Thanks,
Melanie 

Comments

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    edited May 2019

What I know is that if you hit "CTRL+D" the selected item will touch the ground!

You could, for example, set at the ground both that plane and your figure, then group them up and raise them where you want, since they'll still be touching themselves.

Post edited by LenioTG on
  • You might also find the Align tool useful.

Fishtales said:

Interesting, thank you!

You might also find the Align tool useful.

What does it do?

• TGFan4 said:

What does it do?

Well, it...um, aligns things.  Specifically, you can 'stack' one object on top of another.  The 'Drop to Floor' is obviously a convenience function if you want something on the floor, but aligning has more options.  (Sorry, it's the Align pane, not tool.)

AlignPane.JPG
    711 x 869 - 63K
    TGFan4 said:

What does it do?

Well, it...um, aligns things.  Specifically, you can 'stack' one object on top of another.  The 'Drop to Floor' is obviously a convenience function if you want something on the floor, but aligning has more options.  (Sorry, it's the Align pane, not tool.)

I'll try it out, thanks! :D