Animation: 24 Frames per second, in "twos" or "threes"?

If I were to render video at a frame rate of 24 frames per second, and use only 8 or 12 pictures per second, what would I have to do in DAZ Studio in order to make that happen?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114

If you don't change the content of the frame why have it at all? Just render at 12 or 8 fps.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the question but I leave the frame rate at 24 (my default) and only render 12 images (Max Frame Number). I render to an image series and then use the Blender Video Sequence Editor (also at 24 fps) to complete the render to an MP4 video.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,883

Are you wanting to render less frames per second? I am confused, 24FPS means exactly that if it’s 12 frames that’s half that, if you want to go from 12 frames to 24 in your composited video that is possible by either duplicating each frame or interpolating between them in some way creating a tween frame, depending on what software you use.

Virtualdub for example can interpolate and create a combined frame between those in between frames or you can add motion blur and double the frames  or simply have two identical frames but that will be no smoother than 12FPS.

Some softwares like Slomovideo can create warped frames between interpolating the nearest pixels or you can cross fade them or blur depending on the effect you prefer.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,883

an example of a 1FPS animation blurred into a 30FPS one with postworked fire

still a glorified slideshow but one way you can do it 8FPS to 24 FPS would look a lot less extreme