Algovincian Non-Photorealistic Rendering (NPR) 2019/2020

123457»

Comments

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

Yeah necrosis has definitely set in on this thread. Just didn't want to be a distraction talking too much about this junk in Vyusur's thread. Anyway, experimenting is good - have fun!

- Greg

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

algovincian said:

Yeah necrosis has definitely set in on this thread. Just didn't want to be a distraction talking too much about this junk in Vyusur's thread. Anyway, experimenting is good - have fun!

- Greg

Yep... I get that.  I'm sure this is old news for you... I'm a bit late to the party... lol.  With all that's happened in the world the last few years I find myself inside the house more and so I have more free time to play/experiment with Daz.  (it's winter here in Ohio too)   I have a few drawing programs that I play with... as I said in the other thread... Gimp (which I don't know very well)... NIK filters are fun too.  And I'm surprised how much I can acctually accomplish with my old PSP7!  I've bought a few other photo programs over the years but I always come back to PSP7!  I'm sure I will figure out how to get my artwork the cartoon/graphic look you have here sooner or later.  lol.  Well... maybe not exactly ;)

edited March 2022

I'm surprised how much I can acctually accomplish with my old PSP7!  I've bought a few other photo programs over the years but I always come back to PSP7!

To this day, I still use Photoshop CS2, which came out in 2005. It introduced full scripting in Photoshop in multiple languages. The combination of actions which are created inside of Photoshop with VBS (to script Photoshop, the OS for file I/O and also other applcations external to Photoshop) was a real game changer for me. The ability to integrate and automate all of it is incredibly powerful.

If you're looking for an active thread on NPR, you might try this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/516106/more-non-photorealisitic-renders-npr-iii/p1

It's a continuation of the original NPR thread I started here way back in 2015, and is still active today.

- Greg

Post edited by algovincian on

algovincian said:

I'm surprised how much I can acctually accomplish with my old PSP7!  I've bought a few other photo programs over the years but I always come back to PSP7!

To this day, I still use Photoshop CS2, which came out in 2005. It introduced full scripting in Photoshop in multiple languages. The combination of actions which are created inside of Photoshop with VBS (to script Photoshop, the OS for file I/O and also other applcations external to Photoshop) was a real game changer for me. The ability to integrate and automate all of it is incredibly powerful.

If you're looking for an active thread on NPR, you might try this one:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/516106/more-non-photorealisitic-renders-npr-iii/p1

It's a continuation of the original NPR thread I started here way back in 2015, and is still active today.

- Greg

Oh thank you for the linky.... I will check it out.  What I really need are steps 1 2 3 on how people do their work.  I can figure out most of it... But I can understand better if I can see what the original looks like vs the cartoon. I know I'm missing something but no one can tell me what.  If you don't want this thread to be active any more I can ask in the other thread.  This was the first thread I found and you are the first one to actually talk to me about this... lol.   Thank you kindly... Your words inspire me!  :) 

• Greg,

Did you every get around to making a product for the systems you use for your NDRs?

I had hoped to get a single network (that would boil down and replace the whole convoluted mess) to converge by now, but unfortunately, success has eluded me so far. I've received several direct messages from people wondering where I'm at, so maybe it's time for a new thread to talk about that, as well as a few other projects that are in the works. I'll try to set aside some time this weekend to do so.

- Greg

algovincian said:

I had hoped to get a single network (that would boil down and replace the whole convoluted mess) to converge by now, but unfortunately, success has eluded me so far. I've received several direct messages from people wondering where I'm at, so maybe it's time for a new thread to talk about that, as well as a few other projects that are in the works. I'll try to set aside some time this weekend to do so.

- Greg

I'd love to see your progress also.  Still not had much luck with my NPRs :(  I'm missing something... but I can't figure out what (sighs)... My PSP7 is probably too old and is missing some crutial tools.  I'll keep at it though.  Any 'tips' would be greatly appreciated.

• Good to hear from you Greg.

I'd still love to have something that would do those line drawings like the Da Vinci style. I've started writing a text adventure and just can't find anything as good as what you have been playing with.

Hope you figure things out - I am sure you would do well out of it :)

Rog.