Any way to speed up the viewport??

I'm running a 4.0ghz AMD FX octo-core, 16gb RAM, and an nVidia geForce 770 GTX classified (4gb) so I can't even imagine how slows the viewport must be on slower systems. Just one character with hair and clothing is virtually impossible to animate because every time you touch something it takes the viewport a second or two to catch up. I can't freely move anything in realtime and/or preview animations.

I tried all view modes for the viewport including wireframe, lines, and even bounding boxes and even at the bounding box level with "preview lights" turned off it's still stuttery as heck trying to move stuff around. I know Daz utilizes my graphics card, as it's enabled for iRay and greatly speeds up the rendering process. So what gives? Is Daz just like this for everyone? I'd like to do some animations, but just maneuvering around and repositioning stuff feels like it's already taxing my PC to the point something is gonna blow (seriously, it makes other applications in the background crash it's so resource-hungry).

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Let's work this out.

First, what happens if you hide the hair? Does that improve the speed?

• no, one figure with no clothing or hair set to bounding box is still INCREDIBLY laggy

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Have you set your Edit/Preferences so that Display Optimization on the Interface tab is Best? That is the first thing to try. It makes a world of difference for most people.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

no, one figure with no clothing or hair set to bounding box is still INCREDIBLY laggy

Okay. You did mention "one character with hair and clothing" in the OP. That's why I asked. I have to agree with Barbult, that you should open your Preferences (F2) and set Display Optimization to Best. Here's a screenshot:

Preferences-interface-tab-display-optimization-settings

How much does that help?

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Display Optimization to Best is the solution in the 99% of the cases! ;)