Two questions about - Visuals?

Hiya,

Well, I've been at this about two and a half weeks and I'm getting it (Mostly), thanks to messing about and listening to people here. I notice that it seems my characters have almost more detail while I am working on them than in the finished render, but that is (I think) a lighting issue that I am working out - but I'm learning.

Except...

For some reason, no matter what lights I put up or landscapes I build (making my own rather than buying ready made, if it matters) every time I RENDER there is No Backdrop, but just emptiness (Please see picture). I have read everything but must be missing something. - Other question - the third character I need is a floating skull. As I couldn't find just a piece, I bought the basic skeleton pack and figured I could use just the head. I seem to have been wrong. Could anyone advise me on either/both of these issues? The background I think I am just forgetting a step. The skull wihout the rest ???

I try not to post/ask to many things 'cause I am pretty sure my questions are bone headed (LOL) but I m learning lots.

I thank everyone and appreciate the help.

Brandt

fforum.jpg
1305 x 586 - 253K

Comments

• If you are using an HDR and you want it visible, turn on Draw Dome in the Editor tab of Render Settings - assuming this is Iray). You can also use the Environment pane to add a backdrop image - Window>Panes(Tabs)>Environment, set the type to backdrop, and add an image over the colour by clicking the button to the left of the colour picker. You can also composite a photo in after rendering if you save in png or Tiff, which will give you trasnparency or an alpha channel (depening on your editing software) which you can use to layer the render over a photo (or another render).

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,765

What backdrop were you expecting to see? Are you using an HDRI image in IRay? (if so, be sure to have "draw dome" set to on in the render settings) Do you have a 2D image that you're trying to use as a background?

For your flying skull, you should be able to use a skeleton model if it's a regular posable figure (I don't know which specific product you mean by "basic skeleton pack," there are a few out there). Load the skelly into your scene, find it in the scene tab, expand it so you can see all its - ahem - bones, set visibility off on the ones you don't want by clicking on the eye icons.

• bggoetzbggoetz Posts: 21

Ahhh okay. Thanks! My IRAY settings were (WAY) off. I will fix. I thank you both for your time. smiley