In some scenes there is a delay in posing figures

In some of my scenes i get a delay when moving the figure or a part of the figure. Example if i move the forearm
it takes a few second before it moves and sort of just hangs. I can have two figures in a Scene and one of
them i can pose without a problem and the other one will have a delay. I have tried hiding Hair and clothes but
i still get the delay. What could be the cause?

Comments

• Does swappng clothes or hair swap the behaviour?

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Have you set "Display Optimization" to "Best"?

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600

Does swappng clothes or hair swap the behaviour?

No! I said i hidd the hair and clothes...

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600
    TGFan4 said:

What do you mean set "Display Optimization" to "Best ?  Its only Memory and Speed avaiable. Not best!?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited April 2019

In some of my scenes i get a delay when moving the figure or a part of the figure. Example if i move the forearm
    it takes a few second before it moves and sort of just hangs. I can have two figures in a Scene and one of
    them i can pose without a problem and the other one will have a delay. I have tried hiding Hair and clothes but
    i still get the delay. What could be the cause?

Check your clothing smoothing modifyers and disable the interactive update if it's set to on! The smoothing is still active even if the clothes are hidden, you can turn smoothing off also while posing your character.

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited April 2019
    TGFan4 said:

What do you mean set "Display Optimization" to "Best ?  Its only Memory and Speed avaiable. Not best!?

It's a setting in Preferences, (main menu, File-Preferences, or F2.)

1. Open the Preferences dialog.
    2. Click on the Interface tab.
    3. Find Display Optimization.
    4. Click on the the small down arrow.
    5. Select Best.
    6. Click on Accept.

Here's a screenshot:

Preferences-interface-tab-display-optimization-settings

Memory and Speed are optimizations for Iray renders. Unless you have your viewport Draw Mode set to Nvidia Iray, those settings will have no affect on your viewport. (And I don't recommend that Draw Mode setting unless you are previewing a change.) I recommend you try posing with Smooth Shaded on, see if that speeds things up a bit, too.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • Does swappng clothes or hair swap the behaviour?

No! I said i hidd the hair and clothes...

Which is why I asked if swapping them, so the items that were fitted to the fast figue are now fitted to the slow figure and vice versa, made a difference. Hiding does not disable anything but dForce, and you aren't using that in the middle of posing.

• LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118
    TGFan4 said:

L'Adair has already answered you ^^