HELP! - Poser Pro 2012 crashes after I installed DSON impoter v 1.1.1.17

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I hadn't used Poser for about a month (it worked fine the last time I ran it). Started it today and it crashed. I found the thread about the DSON importer upgrade and installed it. The program is still crashing.
The only message I get is the "...windows will look for a solution.."
I am running the 64-bit Poser Pro 2012 and installed the 64-bit DSON on a Windows 7 system.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,233
    edited December 1969

Have you tried uninstalling the importer? It may well not be the cause of the crash, at least on the information you have supplied so far.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Have you tried uninstalling the importer? It may well not be the cause of the crash, at least on the information you have supplied so far.

I thought I saw a thread about a windows update causing 2012 to crash, or it was when windows updates to Internet Explorer 11.
    Uninstalling the windows update or IE11 update seemed to cure the crash.
    I couldn't find the thread though, so can't be sure what the true cause turned out to be..

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,233
    edited December 1969

Poser Pro 2012, and Poser 9, and earlier do not work under Windows 8.1 - but this is a Windows 7 system so that shouldn't be the problem. My first thought would be a video card update.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,789
    edited December 1969

IE 11 breaks Poser...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2874872

I installed the remainder of the updates and they cause no problems

• edited December 1969

I want to thank everyone who replied.
    I found the answer on another site yesterday.
    Basically, Adzan is correct "Uninstalling the IE11 update" solved the problem.
    I uninstalled the ie11 update, it defaulted to ie10, and Poser ran fine.

• edited December 1969

Oops, sorry.
    WandW also hit the nail on the head!
    Thanks.