Dforce can't find Open CL device

I just cloned my C drive to a larger drive, and while using Daz I noticed that dforce simulation  suddenly no longer works.  The Simulation Error I now get is that [Could not find a vadlid OpenCL device].

Has anybody else had this problem after computer upgrades of any kind, and how did you fix it.

To restate this was not a problem before moving to a larger HD so I know the graphics card I currently have is fully compliant with the use of Dforce.  There were also no upgrades to Daz installed.

Comments

• What is the GPU? Which driver version are you using?

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
    Driver vers.    9.18.13.697

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687

When I first installed Daz Studio 4.10 to make use of dForce, I also got the OpenCL error.  Installing the latest nvidia driver fixed that.  Maybe a particular file didn't get cloned to the new drive.

I can't identify the driver version that you have given, but from the nvidia site, the latest driver for the 6 series cards is 309.08, available here:

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/82850/en-uk

• KantraskyeKantraskye Posts: 3

Just wiped my computer and now the OpenCL does not read. I caught up on updates, and have the GT 730 fermi gen GPU on the same 391.35 (end of life) update as before. Being an i5, it should be able to run dforce simulation off of the 12gb of ram and cpu, but it doesn't read either, whereas I can hop on an older i5 laptop (which also has integrated graphics) and run simulations. 

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

The reinstalling of all the drivers fixed my problem (including the problems with Octane Renderer which I didn't mention although now I see the two were connected).

This seems to be the fix, though I've got the suspicion this is going to be an ongoing problem until I pony up for a more current graphics card.