Can't load any OptiTex dynamic clothing

Hi,

In the current (and previous) version of DAZ Studio Beta I haven't been able to load ANY of my old OptiTex dynamic clothing.

The log file reports " ... C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x00000000" (full log.txt is attached)

The Dynamic Clothing Plugin has loaded fine, it's up-to-date, and the pane can be opened.   So what's going on?  What 'hoops' do I have to jump through to fix this damn thing??

txt
txt
log.txt

Comments

• DS has long had issues with older .daz files (where "older" is in part dependent on content0, 4.11 seems to be very fussy. Assuming you still have the release build (4.10) installed try loading into that and save as a .duf scene file.

• Stretch65Stretch65 Posts: 158

Saving as a scene?  I hadn't thought of that.  I'll give it a try, thanks.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Richard, I've been curious about this as well, since my dynamic cloth collection is old enough most of it is still in .daz content files. Would it be enough to just load then save as a scene/scene subset, or would it be better to save it as a new Figure Asset? Would this affect the Optitex dynamic properties?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited April 2019

Richard, I've been curious about this as well, since my dynamic cloth collection is old enough most of it is still in .daz content files. Would it be enough to just load then save as a scene/scene subset, or would it be better to save it as a new Figure Asset? Would this affect the Optitex dynamic properties?

I looked into this myself and this is what I discovered.  When DS 4.10 loads an OptiTex item, it actually creates new geometry files.  If you save the clothing as a scene subset (not compressed) and then look at it in a text editor, you will find a line pointing to where in your Data folder the new geometry is located.  So if you wanted to manually convert your entire library of OptiTex clothes so they work in DS 4.11 and make it so you could install them again in the future, you would have to first unpack the original zip file to a temp location, save the scene subsets, copy the geometry files from the Data folder and place them in the data folder in that temp location, then edit the scene subsets so the new file path is correct and then repack it.  For every item of clothing.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,850
    edited April 2019

Avoid using the Figure/Prop Assets when converting .daz Optitex items to DSON, they will be missing some of the proper code, and as such they wont show in the Dynamic Clothing tab.

If it's in 4.10 or newer then use "File > Save As > Support Asset > Dynamic Cloth Asset", as this will save it properly, a scene subset should also work.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    Bejaymac said:
    If it's in 4.10 or newer then use "File > Save As > Support Asset > Dynamic Cloth Asset", as this will save it properly, a scene subset should also work.

Ah, I never noticed that in the Support Asset submenu before! Thanks for the tip.