Spotlight Weirdness

Two days of downtime trying to find a solution is enough for me to breakdown and ask for help. Been all around this forum and elsewhere to no avail.

Out of nowhere my spotlights have been acting "different" than they had up till a couple days ago. As of late some will work, some wont. Intensity may work on one but not another or the rest. On most changing Lumens has little or no effect, I can put in as many zeroes after a one and no dicernable difference. Likewise changing temrature is not working either. Some seem to cast no light at all.

Generally speaking I use "Scene Only" on almost anything I do. Cameras have their headlights turned off, which previously seemed to be on every new spot I created but now I'm catching ones that are sneaking in with "Auto." None of which clear up anything. I've tried removing all the lights in a scene, removing all the cameras in a scene, making just one to test. Same issues. I think that the very first spot I set works for the most part normally but the issues come after that. I've tried duplicating that one good one only to find that it isn't casting any light at all.

I work in Texture Shaded and than will render to iray. Usually the brightness from lights in Texture Shaded are reasonably similar to the render but, this last week or so when lights were kinda working-ish, I woud have to greatly overexpose with the lights to the point of characters being completely blown out to get them to show up in a render.

That's about as concise as I make it. Have read a slew of threads that seemed similar to mine but none of the proposed solutions offered in those threads have helped.

Hoping someone might have faced this before cuz my mind is melting from just trying one thing after another to no avail. All I can do at this point is yell "HELP!"

- Ray

Comments

• It doesn't affect this issue, but leave the cameras set to Auto and set the Headlamp to Never in Render Settings - it's less clicking.

Are you working in a blank scene or from a saved scene (which will usually have its own, not necessarily default, Render Settings)?

I don't find Intensity helpful in Iray, but the other adjustments should cerainly be having an effect. Would you be willing to post an example scene?

• DekeSladeDekeSlade Posts: 125
    edited April 2019

(removed double post, don't see a delete option)

Post edited by DekeSlade on
  • DekeSladeDekeSlade Posts: 125

Yes saved scene, but did try changing it to default at one point. And this scene was a remake of a previous one trying to start from near scratch because of the issues. Thankfully it's not a real scen, just tweaking charecters. And I do have "Never" set so was surprised on my first go round of troubleshooting noticed they were set to auto. So, hm,

The first grab is Texture Shaded with one spot set to a fairly obnoxious 100000.0 lumen, render settings re for scene only which usually would look such in the preview window. Here not so much,  but doe as expected, renders out totally blown out.

Test 1.jpg
    1921 x 1004 - 600K
    Test 2.jpg
    1921 x 1004 - 1M
  • LenioTGLenioTG Posts: 2,118

Have you tried to come back to the default render settings and to add a new spotlight?

I've never used all those settings you've touched, I usually just play around with lumens and exposure value!