Am I able to make my character look like me In Genesis 2?

I have been researching answers for this and I couldn't find any. But I have been wondering if I could make my Genesis 2 Female look like me. Needs answers!!!

Comments

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited April 2019
    There's lots of ways how. One would be using an app like Facegen to use up to 3 photos of your face to generate a morph and textures. This may be enough, but it may not. If you use good pics, like take some pics just for it, it can create a decent texture. You can always dial in some shape morphs to get closer.

Facegen is a separate program from Daz, and not exactly cheap. But they have a free demo you can try at their website. The demo works just like the full version, except it brands your skull with "FG" on the forehead, LOL.

Specifically, Facegen Artist, this is the one that exports to Daz Studio. You can buy direct from their site or from Daz. But the free demo is only at their site. https://facegen.com/artist.htm

Spell check...what are you doing...
    Post edited by outrider42 on
  • MazhMazh Posts: 476

Somebody made a Yt tutorial to do this in DazStudio, it's a G2F Base and you need the additonal G2F head morphs.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited April 2019

Hi this is absolutely possible.

I created my own CG avatar using the genesis 2 male.

However I sculpted a custom base morph in a modeling program
    and performed some slider manipulation on top of that in Daz studio.
    Whatever method you choose, you will not likely achieve a good likeness with 
    any one click solution.
    It will require some work & skill on your part.

CGAvatar.jpg
    781 x 1000 - 301K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I have been researching answers for this and I couldn't find any. But I have been wondering if I could make my Genesis 2 Female look like me. Needs answers!!!

The short and not (initially at least) helpful answer is: I have no idae of your skills and about how many morphs you have available, or your ability to make your own morphs.

All of which you would need.

It is possible to get a good likeness, shape-wise; you would also need textures that bore at least some resemblance to you; and a shader too.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

Post a photo, and I can tell you more.