Reinstall of Daz Studio and get the follwoing issue - Please help - image attached

I installed Daz Install Manager (64 bit) and then immediately downloaded Daz Studio 4.10. It installed with no issues as always before running the applicaition. I, then installed SDK samples, Default Resources for 4.9+ and scene builder. The program gets this error - Resource error (Post greSQL CMS connection could not be established....) [I uninstalled it originally because this same issue was happening.]

I am running this on a Microsoft Surface Book 2. It has an i7-865 processor, Windows 10 Pro, 16gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, Nvidia gtx1060. Antivirus is Mcafee Total Protection - if that could be a factor.

C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4, C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/ManifestFiles and C:/Program Files,

C:/Users/Public/Documents/DAZ 3D/InstallManager/Downloads

I DO not want to reinstall anyhting until this issue is corrected.

daz studio issue.jpg
1574 x 557 - 424K

Comments

• mcAfee has caused issues in the past - assuming that PostgreSQL is isntalled try disabling McAfee and see if the issue goes away.

• JENR8JENR8 Posts: 100

I disabled McAfee as recommended and it is still throwing the issue.

• PostgreSQL is showing as installed? Does it run when DS runs? How about when Install Manager runs?

I corrected the issue. I have a Windows 10 Pro 64bit OS. I noticed every time opened Daz Studio it would throw the error, so I uninstalled both Daz Studio and Install Manager and reinstalled it. I first tried the 32 bit (knowing it would probably hickup.. it did). I then went back and deleted all references to Daz Studio in my registry and reinstalled the 64 bit IM and Wham.. No issues. So, stoked!

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

Yeah .. Me too had to uninstall and clean up the registry by hand a couple of times. It is a shame that DAZ doesn't provide a tool to do it for you. This way the average user has no way to get out of troubles when studio gets stuck for any reason.

Padone said:

Yeah .. Me too had to uninstall and clean up the registry by hand a couple of times. It is a shame that DAZ doesn't provide a tool to do it for you. This way the average user has no way to get out of troubles when studio gets stuck for any reason.

Perhaps if enough people request! I still cannot get the Postgre working so probably walking away until a new build.

I am walking away from Daz. I paid for a year for PC and since the Postgre won't work and it's going for over a month and it won't load. I am beyond frustrated. I hope that Daz will fix this issue in the newbuild as I have had multiple people tell me it is happening with them too.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

I get the same error as shown by JENR8. I run Daz Studio 4.11.xx ( the final version prior to 4.12). That is the general release version. I also run the 4.12 beta on the same computer.

I install PostgreSQL via DIM. Launch 4.11, no errors at startup, I launch 4.12 Beta and I get that error. But that's to be expected cause I didn't install the PostgreSQL Beta. So I install the PostgreSQl Beta via DIM. Launch 4.12 Beta and no error. Then I go to launch 4.11 and I get that error. Can I not run both versions of PostgreSQL on the same computer?

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520
    JENR8 said:

I am walking away from Daz. I paid for a year for PC and since the Postgre won't work and it's going for over a month and it won't load. I am beyond frustrated. I hope that Daz will fix this issue in the newbuild as I have had multiple people tell me it is happening with them too.

I wouln't go that far.  Postgre is good if you like to use the Smart Content tab, but it's not crusial to use Daz Studio.  Personally, I never use Smart Content.  My runtimes (or more accurately Content Libraries) are small and project based, and content loads faster by not having to wade through 100 GB or more of content and there's a whole lot less clutter.  My two cents.

• ProPose said:

I get the same error as shown by JENR8. I run Daz Studio 4.11.xx ( the final version prior to 4.12). That is the general release version. I also run the 4.12 beta on the same computer.

I install PostgreSQL via DIM. Launch 4.11, no errors at startup, I launch 4.12 Beta and I get that error. But that's to be expected cause I didn't install the PostgreSQL Beta. So I install the PostgreSQl Beta via DIM. Launch 4.12 Beta and no error. Then I go to launch 4.11 and I get that error. Can I not run both versions of PostgreSQL on the same computer?

I have both the release and the beta versions of DAZ Studio installed, but only run the release version of the PostgreSQL CMS, never the beta (AFAIK, there haven't been any changes in the CMS).  I've had zero problems running either version of DAZ Studio under Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  I use Windows Defender, not any of the third-party anti-virus products.

• Only one version of PostgreSQL can be isbtalled at any time - if you try to install a new one the old will be removed.

Whern installing different versions and apparently chnaging the ebhaviour are they all the same bit architecture (32/64)? Do they match DS itself, and the version in which the database was created, in that respect?

This is the fix that worked for me!

The web department has suggested that you uninstall Daz Studio and the PostgreSQL. Then go to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms
    and rename or remove the ContentCluster folder and the cmscfg.json file located there.

If you can not see your AppData folder, type %appdata% in the Start menu and Windows will open the hidden folder.

Once you have done that, reinstall first Daz Studio and then the PostgreSQL CMS (make sure you are not installing as Administrator).
    Then open Daz Studio and re-import metadata, with the box checked that userdata overwrites product data.
    To do this, right click on the Content Library pane, choose Content DB Maintenance, tick Re-Import Metadata, click Accept.
    Tick User Data and All Products and click Accept.

• my option creators should make the programs install first and in order and when the DIM uninstall it should take all the necessary files and remove all registry entries too