Genesis 2 Female Clothing Question

DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello all.

I am primarily a Poser user and after trying the first Genesis and the DSON stuff I became a bit disillusioned and stopped doing anything with Genesis.
BUT, I recently decided to give this Genesis 2 a try and I picked up The Girl 6 and the G2 female morphs. Let me tell you, it was a real bear getting them to work in Poser Pro 2014. Guess THAT part hasn't changed much except get worse than I remember when setting up Genesis 1, lol.
ANYWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ... when I was using the original Genesis I ran into an issue where I purchased and outfit the was supposed to work with the V4 character versions of Genesis but DIDN'T work with the G4 morph for Genesis.
So now I have The Girl 6 and want to get her some nice outfits and have to ask:
Since I don't see The Girl 6 listed on these products it just says they are for the Genesis 2 Female, am I going to have to worry about clothes that are made for the Genesis 2 Female NOT fitting The Girl 6 like happened with products made for the Genesis V4 adaptation?
If a product is made for the Genesis 2 Female is it guaranteed to fit The Girl 6?

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Genesis in the base mesh that can morph into many different shapes.

Genesis 2 Female is the base mesh for the future female shapes. At least those at the Generation 6 level. You must have the Genesis 2 Female(s) Starter essentials and it Poser Companion files along with the DSON importer for Girl 6 to function. In essence, G6 is a morph set of the G2F the same as G4 is a morph set of V4.

Whereas the Gen 4 had 3 base mesh set (V4, M4, K4), Geneisis had only the one base mesh (Genesis). The G2F steps back to the gender split. There is the G2F and its morphs (V6,Girl6,Gia6 and Josie6). The G2M is due to be released soon as a coupon for M6 was part of the PC mega prize. Will there be a child mesh? Who knows?

DSON, Genesis, and Genesis have had their problems with Poser. To be honest, they don't work and play well with each other. Perhaps if you were a bit more specific about what your issues are, maybe a solution can be found. I don't guarantee it but...

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

MrEstey said:
    ...when I was using the original Genesis I ran into an issue where I purchased and outfit the was supposed to work with the V4 character versions of Genesis but DIDN'T work with the G4 morph for Genesis...

I don't know that I quite understand this. Are you saying that you bought V4 clothing expecting it to fit Genesis morphed as V4 in Poser? Because if I'm right, you were wrong to begin with. The V4 morph works to Autofit clothing in DS, but you would need to Autofit the V4 clothing, and then make a Figure Asset and Poser Companion file, and THEN you could fit the clothing in Poser.

Clothing actually made for Genesis 2 Female that include Poser Companion files should fit Girl 6 just fine, because they are in fact natively made to fit G2F.

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

Sorry. I guess my rant threw you guys a curve ball. I got Genesis 2 female AND the Girl 6 working fine after a LOT of work.

The problem I had with the first Genesis that I referenced above is I had purchased an outfit that was made to fit Genesis with the V4 character morphs for Genesis but it would NOT fit Genesis Girl 4 morphs which was confusing for me since the Girl 4 is a V4 character. Anyway, it doesn't matter now. That was a long time ago and after finding that the techs here couldn't help me either I got a refund for it.

Right now I am simply asking this:

If I purchase an outfit that is made for Genesis 2 Female, will it fit The Girl 6?

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Yes, it should without a problem.