Not quite as intended, buuut...

Under Island.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 183K
  • Oso3D said:

Not quite as intended, buuut...

Cool, nice concept and unique! yes

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited May 2019

Here is the island imported into my Cloud Haven skydome, no tweaks.

99.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 902K
    Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited May 2019

And here it is plopped into my "Ocean Mountain Sunset" skydome;

99c.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited May 2019

Here is the island imported into my Cloud Haven skydome, no tweaks.

Cool! I tried that myself as a first render with little success, so did not try with the Ocean Mountain HDRI. Did you just bring in the island, or was there more?

Also there are the odd line or two (Like on the upper left of your Ocean image). Do you know if that is from the HDRIs or the Island set? Not a big deal, as the lines are not hard to get rid of.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Here is the island imported into my Cloud Haven skydome, no tweaks.

Cool! I tried that myself as a first render with little success, so did not try with the Ocean Mountain HDRI. Did you just bring in the island, or was there more?

Also there are the odd line or two (Like on the upper left of your Ocean image). Do you know if that is from the HDRIs or the Island set? Not a big deal, as the lines are not hard to get rid of.

I first loaded the skydome scene file. Then I loaded the Island. That's pretty much it, other than a couple minor adjustments to the cloud positions.

As for the line in the Ocean Mountain Sunset version, it is occuring on the haze plane for some reason. I'm not sure what is causing that. But if I hide the haze, it goes away.

-P

edited May 2019

Thanks for the reply!

Now to find time to play with these some more laugh

Edit: Worked well! And the render time was less than a minute for a 2560 x 1440 PNG, which I reduced in size here.

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

What would be awesome would be some companion sets that are for on-the-ground scenes.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958

What would be awesome would be some companion sets that are for on-the-ground scenes.

That would be cool. I've been just using it for a few distant shots, but on-ground with definitely make this super versatile. I guess I could try it myself with Ultrascatter Pro and ULTIMATE Grass & Meadow Worldbuilder.
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

Could someone render the actual surface of the island?  Is the surface good for closeup renders as well?

Could someone render the actual surface of the island?  Is the surface good for closeup renders as well?

Rendered with three of the default cameras, and using the "Realistic" render settings option that comes with the product. Nothing was done to improve the images, though I converted the PNG's to JPG's.

Note: What look like weird lines are various "haze" planes, which I would normally adjust or delete, depending on camera angles, but I have left them in the first two scenes so you won't be surprised when you load them yourself.

In the third image I removed the "Haze" and "Bird" planes, but left the plant and water details.

SkyIslandTest1.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1014K
    SkyIslandTest2.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    SkyIslandTest3.jpg
    2000 x 1000 - 1M
    edited May 2019

@ALLIEKATBLUE I started thinking about your idea of close ups using this product, so I dropped G8M into the landscape to have a quick look. Scaling G8M down to 5% seems about right, give or take, but framing the G8 character shows that the grass billboards don't hold up - but they were never meant for close up renders. It would not be too hard to replace the grass billboards with one of several instanced grass products (paid or free). You would also have to play around with other textures, especially the water, but it should all be doable.

Here's a quick, smaller render:

SkyIslandTest4.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 631K
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

Thanks @dragonfly_2004.  For some reason when I bought this, I thought this was a prop to be used as a complete environment scene closeups included and renders could be made on the surface as well.

No problem, Alliekatblue. I think you might find this product is a lot more versatile than it appears, with the substitution of lights and props suited to close up rendering.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,008

Looks fun. I missed the (rather short) discount window so I'll have to wait on this one.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

The Philosopher's Commercial thread was pretty clear about the product intent.

Thanks @dragonfly_2004.  For some reason when I bought this, I thought this was a prop to be used as a complete environment scene closeups included and renders could be made on the surface as well.