Opacity Bug

Hi, I've been having this problem for quite some time but only just decided to report it.

Basically, I like to customize certain clothing items by making custom 'transparency maps' and setting them to Opacity Strength.
Normally it isn't a problem, but every now & then, an item will suddenly have this bug.
In this case, the item having the problem is the blazer:

As you can see, the blazer becomes 'transparent' and will show everything beneath it on the model it's applied to (ignore her tie).
I've tried setting different Shader presets, changing the order of items in the Scene tab, nothing works. Not sure what the problem is.

DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro, Windows 10 x64.

Comments

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Forums are not the place to post bugs unfortunately, You have to file an official support ticket.

• AlmightyQUESTAlmightyQUEST Posts: 1,961

Which blazer is this? What product set? And is this iray or 3delight, and are you using the standard DAZ shaders or a custom shader? Especially if it's iray, could you screenshot the surface settings?

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

It looks to me like the issue that you are having is not a bug.  It is just how the preview window displays transparency maps when set to texture shaded.

The preview window is just that... a preview for composing your scene before rendering a final product.
    There are a lot of lighting, environmental, and shader effects that do not display in the preview window.

In an actual render your transparencies should come out looking just fine.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846

Not a bug, the viewport uses OpenGL as it's a cross platform system (PC & MAC), sadly OpenGL doesn't do Opacity very well especially if you have different layers using different Opacity settings.

• ZilvergrafixZilvergrafix Posts: 1,385

As you can see, the blazer becomes 'transparent' and will show everything beneath it on the model it's applied to (ignore her tie).
    I've tried setting different Shader presets, changing the order of items in the Scene tab, nothing works. Not sure what the problem is.

DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro, Windows 10 x64.

could be a problem ONLY if you are rendering OpenGl viewports (maybe for a fast comic, dunno),

if is not the case just render in first place (3Delight of iRay)and show us the final image.

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421

Which blazer is this? What product set? And is this iray or 3delight, and are you using the standard DAZ shaders or a custom shader? Especially if it's iray, could you screenshot the surface settings?

I'm curious what Blazer and shader set this is, too. Getting a very heavy griffindor vibe from that tie.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I would agree that its just the OpenGL viewport as the viewport controls are showing in the screen shot

For those who asked, this appears to be the outfit

G3F - https://www.daz3d.com/time-for-school-for-genesis-3-female-s

G2F - https://www.daz3d.com/time-for-school-for-genesis-2-female-s