Anyone know of anything like this skirt available?

RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
edited April 2019 in Product Suggestions

Anyone know of anything like this skirt available dynamic or otherwise? You could go full dforce on the tassles or sumulate such a thing with opacity on layers, but of course dynamic individual tassles would look better.

skirt.jpg
850 x 1392 - 201K
Post edited by Rakuda on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

The closest I could find with a quick searh gave was a dress

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

@SimonJM That really is quite close even as it is a full dress versus a skirt. I will add that to my list of options.

^__^

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    Rakuda said:

@SimonJM That really is quite close even as it is a full dress versus a skirt. I will add that to my list of options.

^__^

Completely unrelated: LOVING that artblog! You're quite talented.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    Sylvan said:
    Rakuda said:

^__^

Thanks. I think I do ok, but compared to many I want to go back into my cave and hide under a rock!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557
    Sylvan said:
    Rakuda said:

^__^

Agreed. I checked out Rakudas art blog also and it reminded me of when i was in my early teens, late twenties as I used to sketch often and took many art classes some with nude sketching.

edited April 2019

@Sylvan Thank you so much. Appreciate it! :)

Wendy, @wilmap That is interesting. I was thinking in a similar direction. See below. I could try to make he top-half of a flapper dress hidden, but they are so loose aroung the waist, that it  might not work.

It is a rough concept. I may not be able to get away from actually modeling some fringe tassels as low-poly as I can in order to get some realistic flow and weight. Otherwise, it ends up looking a bit hairy versus "tasselly".

@FSMCDesigns  Yes,can't get enough of figure and costumed figure sketching! Keeps things direct when coming up with ideas.

fringe.jpg
    600 x 582 - 71K
    Post edited by Rakuda on
    edited April 2019

I think something like this may get closer while still sacrificing total dynamic quality. it may come closer and the map may be easier to work with as far as setting up an opacity map to mimic strings.

Still, it looks a bit hairy versus falling like tassel fringe... still looking.

PS, that vintage dforce flapper dress is the one used  in those DAZ  ads, isn't it? ;-)

fringe_skirt_fin.jpg
    600 x 1198 - 274K
    fringe9.png
    900 x 900 - 426K
    Post edited by Rakuda on