Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 12

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited March 2020

Want to point out Xmasrose's gallery piece. This is so adorable! How about some likes for it?  I think that soccer ball is deflated, what a nice touch!

@xmasrose

Post edited by Novica on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Daz "extended" the sale, with a new code. I've used both codes, so I can confirm the second code works even if you used the first one.

Also, if you have the Daz Deals plugin, limit the vendor to Daz Originals and sort by percentage off. There are some really good deals lurking in there.

(And of course, you can limit the results further using the Genre, Figure and Software filters. Tip: You can set the Figure to "N/A" to eliminate most of the figure-related content. The filter does leave in texture add-ons, but if you're looking for sets, using N/A will having you slogging through a lot less stuff to find them.)

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Note that the 50% off flash sale code can be applied to Fast Grab items (and to PC+ as well, I guess, though I didn't try it).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

The apparent poor grammar of the flash sale code (TO instead of TOO) threw me off on the first attempt to type it in. However, once I entered it exactly as printed on the banner (Duh) , it worked. I had used the previous code, too.

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

It applies to everything except new items and Gift cards.

Today was awesome. Only problem is I am very low on store credit now :( only around $40 left).

If the next pro bundle shows up before we get another gift card offer I will be in trouble.

@barbult  Do you remember the first code? I want to see if that still works?

Novica said:

@barbult  Do you remember the first code? I want to see if that still works?

MARCH-IS-MAD

edited March 2020

Yep I just checked out. It works. I found it on the sales thread. :)   But thank you!  I shopped really quickly just in case it was going to be fixed, as it had been mentioned elsewhere that it was still working. I remembered I had these in my "to be considered list" but the bundles I got were a better deal due to being bundles.

Shopping Cart

Grand Total $24.71

78%

Subtotal $114.80
    Discount -$90.09
    Estimated Tax $0.00

Post edited by Novica on

I really feel Windfield gives OOT a run for the money. Look at all the morphs on those hair products.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    Novica said:

Yep I just checked out. It works. I found it on the sales thread. :)   But thank you!  I shopped really quickly just in case it was going to be fixed, as it had been mentioned elsewhere that it was still working. I remembered I had those in my "to be considered list" but the bundles I got were a better deal due to being bundles.

Shopping Cart

Grand Total $24.71

78%

Subtotal $114.80
    Discount -$90.09
    Estimated Tax $0.00

Were you able to use it twice or you just missed using it the first time? 

edited March 2020

This is what I got. Polish Weekend Bundle is an amazing deal! 5 full huge products for just $13.49! 

4159A7CD-0E75-45D5-93D4-24A666C42371.jpeg
    1536 x 1252 - 300K
    ABE62F5C-0666-47B8-9177-7F82367F5D97.jpeg
    1536 x 1252 - 280K
    Post edited by Wonderland on

In spite of trying not to go crazy, (dare I say, "mad,") I find myself going through store credit way too fast. Of the four items, I only bought one bundle with the first code, the Sylvian Wind Warrior, and then went bargain hunting on DOs with the second. and I still spent close to $40 today.

It seems to me Daz likes to shower us with short term sales the day before they release a new pro bundle, (Blink, Flash, BYOB, etc.) But with Jonathan released on the 3rd, tomorrow seems too early for another figure release. It's Daz, though, and March Madness, so I suppose anything goes!

Were you able to use it twice or you just missed using it the first time? 

Just missed using it the first time :) 

In case anyone missed the flash sales earlier today, (or not,) there's another one. Same offer, (up to 4, additional 50% off,) new code: FORWARD-MARCH

• alex86firealex86fire Posts: 1,130

Omg...

Daz is really destroying my store credit..

I don't know what to do now... I want to buy great stuff at amazing prices but if I finish my store credit and a great deal pops up what do I do?

I hope we get a gift card offer fast.

edited March 2020
    L'Adair said:

In case anyone missed the flash sales earlier today, (or not,) there's another one. Same offer, (up to 4, additional 50% off,) new code: FORWARD-MARCH

Never mind, it's over. I guess that was the "old store" from yesterday and we lost it when the store just turned over. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Thank you so much @Novica. And yes, you're right I morphed the soccer ball to make it appear deflated.

Novica said:

Want to point out Xmasrose's gallery piece. This is so adorable! How about some likes for it?  I think that soccer ball is deflated, what a nice touch!

@xmasrose

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

That Rose Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) on that boy in XMas Rose's render looks pretty darn good. So I look who made it OOT.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Another oldie this time The Study. There are also a couple of expansions for it, furniture and the same only low res, a Hallooween one, there was also a Christmas Past one which seems to have gone from the store.

Again I ran the Iray Uber shader on it and then tweaked some of the surfaces. The only light was the small table lamp so I added a Point light near the ceiling.

The Study

2020-03-03 14:38:12.772 Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 35.66 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Of course it grew legs.

2020-03-03 22:04:16.623 Total Rendering Time: 4 minutes 15.5 seconds

Then I remembered I had used it before but using the Christmas expansion pack.

Santa's Home

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

@fishtales, those older products still have lots of use.  I think I might have Christmas past. 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I know it's something that happens to others, but how do you get rid of the weird black hairs/lines in the forehead? Iirc something with the cap materials?

Character RY Spencer, Short Fade Hair

spencer.jpg
    1052 x 893 - 336K
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Make sure the skullcap doesn't intersect with the forehead, scale it a little bit bigger for example.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited March 2020
    Nath said:

I know it's something that happens to others, but how do you get rid of the weird black hairs/lines in the forehead? Iirc something with the cap materials?

Character RY Spencer, Short Fade Hair

You have to:

a) expand the haircap so it doesn't intersect the head which often ruins the hair's fit

b) make the haircap invisible with the opacity cutout set to 0 

c) or if your are lucky, the PA has made a morph sizing dial that lets your expand or shink the fit of the hair so it doesn't do that: eg OOT's Ryan Hair for G8M & G3M has such a morph hair expand to fit slider which worked and which was very nice because a) just scaling the haircap to 101% or 102% and so on or b) haircap invisible mangy hair so neither worked well for the Ryan Hair. But the OOT supplied hair fit morph did work.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

If you haven't checked Fast Grab in awhile, some sets are in there, and a character by Saiyaness called Nyarai for Genesis 3 who has realistic shadows under her eyes.

Novica said:

If you haven't checked Fast Grab in awhile, some sets are in there, and a character by Saiyaness called Nyarai for Genesis 3 who has realistic shadows under her eyes.

She is a great character and popular. There are 38 gallery images of her linked to her product page by the Daz Deals plugin! I've had her for a long time. I recommend her, too.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Thanks for the tips on the hair, I'll try them out tonight or tomorrow!

edited March 2020

Daz is using perosa edn. If you click on a shopping page, look at the bottom left corner and you will see it come up. And here's what I found: 

Persosa's flexible Experience Management System® allows you to target visitors as narrowly (or broadly) as you like. Once segmented, visitors are placed into the most appropriate experience, which you control and prioritize.   I don't mind that it's used to track views- but it's PRIMARILY TO TRACK A USER. 

Install tracking code

How to install the Persosa tracking code to begin showing targeted content to your website visitors.

The Persosa tracking code is what tracks visitors on your website across multiple sessions. It keeps track of pageviews, events, properties, and anything else you tell it. In order to show targeted content on your website, the tracking code must exist on every page.

Post edited by Novica on
    Novica said:

Daz is using perosa edn. If you click on a shopping page, look at the bottom left corner and you will see it come up. And here's what I found: 

Persosa's flexible Experience Management System® allows you to target visitors as narrowly (or broadly) as you like. Once segmented, visitors are placed into the most appropriate experience, which you control and prioritize.   I don't mind that it's used to track views- but it's PRIMARILY TO TRACK A USER. 

Install tracking code

How to install the Persosa tracking code to begin showing targeted content to your website visitors.

The Persosa tracking code is what tracks visitors on your website across multiple sessions. It keeps track of pageviews, events, properties, and anything else you tell it. In order to show targeted content on your website, the tracking code must exist on every page.

That's kinda creepy... But I guess it's what Amazon and Netflix does to give you recommendations.

• cismiccismic Posts: 629
    Novica said:

Install tracking code

@novica,What link or text are you noticing? I see "Affiliate Program". 

@cismic   It flashes through several things, my computer slowed down (I was doing a render) and it showed what was flashing through as "waiting for daz" was coming up.

This discussion has been closed.