What are the render plugins available to DazStudio?

Hi!

Just like the title. What are the render plugins available to Daz Studio? More specifically for be able to render with a Radeon RX 480.

Both paid and free counts, the last is better of course. =)

The only one I found until now was Octane's. I just don't know yet if allows me to use a Radeon GPU.

Thanks!

Comments

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,212

Octane doesn't. Right now, the only ones I can think of are Reality and Luxus. They both export to Luxrender which can use both cards. I don't know if anyone's still working on Luxus anymore. The developer of Reality said a few months ago that he was working on an update. I still use Reality occasionally.

Another option is to export your scene to Blender and render from there. That sounds like too much work for me so I haven't tried it.

I hope someone comes up with something soon. The Radeon VII is a VRAM beast, I'd love to be able to use one for Daz Studio.

• Kitsumo said:

Octane doesn't. Right now, the only ones I can think of are Reality and Luxus. They both export to Luxrender which can use both cards. I don't know if anyone's still working on Luxus anymore. The developer of Reality said a few months ago that he was working on an update. I still use Reality occasionally.

Another option is to export your scene to Blender and render from there. That sounds like too much work for me so I haven't tried it.

I hope someone comes up with something soon. The Radeon VII is a VRAM beast, I'd love to be able to use one for Daz Studio.

Thanks! =)

The first option that crossed my mind was export to blender too, but like you said it seams to much work to get it done.

After a little search I came across with Reality too.

In my country Radeons are quite cheaper than Nvidea's GPUs, and they come with more vram indeed. It has been a good option for me besides this little trouble.

(It's the second time I try to comment, but it doesn't show. I don't know if the message is going to repeat0