How to disable rotation on part of a clothing item?

I couldn't seem to find the answer to this in the forum: I have a V4 clothing item converted to G8 where the collar erroneously twists when G8 turns its neck/head (the collar is "stiff" and does not move in the V4 version). Does anybody know if there is a way to stop the collar from twisting along with the neck/head?

collar problem.png
584 x 533 - 387K

Comments

• Syrus_DanteSyrus_Dante Posts: 983

I know, fill full weight on the chest bone. This should help.

First select the clothing item. In the Tool Settings pane with the Geometry Editor tool you may find a Face Group or a Surface Group that selects the neck/head part of the clothing - otherwise you have to manualy select it. Next switch to the Node Weight Map Editor tool, select the chest bone of the clothing item in the scene pane. Then right-click the viewport and choose Weight Editing>Fill by Selection set it to 100%, hit Accept. Now everything that is selected with the Geometry Editor gets red. This means now the collar moves only with the chest. You can also further tweak the weight maps with the brushes of Node Weight Map Editor tool add/substract or smooth.

• AuroratrekAuroratrek Posts: 201

I know, fill full weight on the chest bone. This should help.

First select the clothing item. In the Tool Settings pane with the Geometry Editor tool you may find a Face Group or a Surface Group that selects the neck/head part of the clothing - otherwise you have to manualy select it. Next switch to the Node Weight Map Editor tool, select the chest bone of the clothing item in the scene pane. Then right-click the viewport and choose Weight Editing>Fill by Selection set it to 100%, hit Accept. Now everything that is selected with the Geometry Editor gets red. This means now the collar moves only with the chest. You can also further tweak the weight maps with the brushes of Node Weight Map Editor tool add/substract or smooth.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!