End User License Agreement accept or not

siocsioc Posts: 299
edited November 2013 in The Commons

hi,

English is not my native language and I am not a layer... so what really happen if I don't check the I accept the terms of the License Agreement before submitting ? And What if I do ?

I don't really understand what are the differences, there must be a lot ....

Post edited by sioc on

Comments

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

I am not a layer either, (or am I??). DAZ has the right to modify the EULA of their products so this will come up time to time as they evolve their services. The new changes to the EULA are specific to publishing your renders in the new gallery, where you would allow DAZ may use the render in marketing. If you do not use the new gallery the new terms should be acceptable since its really no different to you than the old EULA.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

It used to be that you agreed to the EULA every time you ran one of the old style installers. Now, with the advent of DIM and the zips instead of installers you agree to this once, when the EULA has been altered in any way, and that is all.

AS has been said the main differences to this new EULA are there to enable DAZ 3D to make functional Galleries for the site.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ScraverXScraverX Posts: 152
    edited December 1969

From the number of posts on the subject, I'd be inclined to say that it seems people are actually noticing and reading the EULA now.
    This is not a bad thing. :)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

I rather like the fact that DAZ forces you to re-agree when it changes; most sites just change it and you never notice.