Daz 4.5.0.49 crashes when loading a scene

Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello. Most scenes seem to load fine, but I've found several that will cause Daz version 4.5.0.49 to crash without any errors or warnings. To confirm the integritiy of the files, I've gone back an opened these same scenes successfully in Daz 3.1.2.32.

I am trying to collect more information so I can submit an issue - does anyone know where the Daz log file is stored? I'm hoping that will give me some clues. Thanks.

-Joe

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File.

It is rather large usually, so just post the bottom of the last session to see what went wrong.

• Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Thanks for point me in the right direction.

The logger isn't capturing the problem unfortunately. I see a note that it is opening the scene, but nothing after that. On the GUI, I see the loader bar progress to 100%, and then Daz just shuts down.

Is there any where else I can look for clues?

-Joe

• Joe827Joe827 Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Huh. Looks like I found the problem. Through trial and error, I reopened one of the offending scenes in Daz 3 and started removing one prop at a time and resaving. Eventually, I found that it was hair prop called VCPC Ponytail was causing the crash in Daz 4. Fortunately, it was just invisible in the scene since I had later decided to utilize a different hair prop.

-Joe

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That is what I was going to suggest next! It is the only way I know of to find out what is causing the problem.

Well done, and I'm glad you found the answer yourself, it is much more satisying that way.