Sci-Fi Wall construction kit (Commercial)

I thought I saw a Kaiju the other day at the beach, turned out to be a shrimp boat. You never can be sure though so I made this Sci-Fi Wall construction kit. The next shadow on the horrizon may not have peaceful intents.

SFW1.jpg
2200 x 1113 - 2M
SFW2.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M

Comments

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

You! In my shopping cart, NOW!

• AntManAntMan Posts: 2,024

Ha Thanks!  lot of the stuff moves too. Doors in the living section and the crain arm as well as the crain body along a track.

SFW11.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 876K
    SFW5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 925K
    SFW7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 721K
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Have been waiting for this!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

wicked cool! yes

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Yay! I wrote one of these into my story, and then I had to concoct one using Vertical Living U with the door from The Vault. It worked, but it lacked the imposing authority that I wanted. Little did I know that you had me covered. But I should've known.

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited April 2019

WOW I Love it!!!! Great Idea!

Post edited by acharyapolina on
  • AntMan said:

I thought I saw a Kaiju the other day at the beach, turned out to be a shrimp boat. You never can be sure though so I made this Sci-Fi Wall construction kit. The next shadow on the horrizon may not have peaceful intents.

What did you use to render with?

I rendered the wall in Daz Studio and tweaked it in Photoshop. Ron's partical brushes helped a lot.I should do one of those Tutorial  videos.

Clay renders are always fun.

SFW15.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 834K
  • GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,543

Very cool

Thanks! Getting close now. Here's a shot of the living units with some  neighborhood speeders.

SFW16.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 979K
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Top notch!

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I have no need for this, but it looks so cool I just may have to create one.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

great kitbashable thing, I guess I'll be getting this right away

• Just sensational work Ant !

Thanks!!!

I know I shouldn't have favorites but... I think because it also works on it's side just as well.

SFW6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 947K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This is so impressive!  I will be picking this up as soon as I can.  

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    Awesome freaking promos, man!

Thank everyone! Let me know if you would like another set like this or similar. Always open to input/insperation. 

SFW14.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 819K
  • pdspds Posts: 593

This looks terrific! Would someone please do a quick render with a standard character included to see comparative scale (without resizing either the wall or the character)? Kinda like HH does with his dinos. I'm interested in the set, but I can't tell from the promos whether the details and textures are suitable for working close in or if the set is best used as a prop in the distance. Thanks!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    AntMan said:

Thank everyone! Let me know if you would like another set like this or similar. Always open to input/insperation. 

I'm always interested in stuff that can be used as backdrops for SF scenes. Backdrops, foregrounds, main elements ...

Another set along these lines would probably find a home in my shopping cart pretty quickly.

PDS not sure if this will help but here is a dude waving hi for scale.

The housing units are higher resolution per cm/inch than the rest so close up shots will totally work with a housing unit in the background. As for the other walls, I mean depends I guess how close. Dont try taking a picture of a fly on the wall... I mean no on would but you get the point.

Scale.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 941K
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

I just got it tonight. I haven't played with it yet. Thanks for the image; I had no idea of the scale. It's huge! Phrasing. That's what she said.

There is a real nice image in the Gallery that can give you the answer of how close in you can get, check it out.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/770421

• pdspds Posts: 593
    AntMan said:

There is a real nice image in the Gallery that can give you the answer of how close in you can get, check it out.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/770421

AntMan, thank you for both replies! The scale is huge and exactly what I was hoping for. Into the cart it goes!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    AntMan said:

ABSOLUTELY!  I'd buy an add on (textures and elements) or a complete new set in a heartbeat!  Amazing and essential set - Love it!

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited April 2019
    AntMan said:

I rendered the wall in Daz Studio and tweaked it in Photoshop. Ron's partical brushes helped a lot.I should do one of those Tutorial  videos.

Clay renders are always fun.

The Promo image SFW1.jpg is just stunning!  I recongnize some Filter Forge: Sketchy Painting in there too.  :)
    If you did a tutorial I'd check it out!

Post edited by Gogger on

Good eye and Thanks!

Got this finally some days ago and enjoy it very much. I've got a question though where I find the wall option shown in this image on the right with the two parts set back somehow. That one has a different surface as well but I don't see it in the products option

and I would always like some additional gimmiks for the wall :D

all textures for the wall are more or less the same, but have some small differences. It's possible that I applied one of the other wall textures to the residential wall structure in that shot. I did mess around some with the image editor as well where you can slide the texture up the face of the .obj. for close ups it can work for an altered look. Not sure if that helps... I hope some.

AntMan said:

all textures for the wall are more or less the same, but have some small differences. It's possible that I applied one of the other wall textures to the residential wall structure in that shot. I did mess around some with the image editor as well where you can slide the texture up the face of the .obj. for close ups it can work for an altered look. Not sure if that helps... I hope some.

Thanks a lot, I think the textures I will manage, but moving those "slots" for the houses back is what I still struggle with. I would really like to make that work.