Install manager installed 0 bytes

tomgetomge Posts: 19

I recently bought Darkwald for Carrara and Install manager thinks it installed it but says zero bytes for the installed size. The installer is several MB. I am assuming I don't have something configured correctly in install manager, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

If you right-click on the entry in Install Manager and choose "Show Installed Files", are the files actually where it says they are (assuming it says something was installed)?

• tomgetomge Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

It does show files, for example the first one is:
    •/Scenes/Darkwald/HF_Darkwald.car
    But searching my computer for the file named HF_Darkwald.car finds nothing and I don't find it with that relative path from any of my install directories or any Carrara application install directories (still have some old versions installed)

edited December 1969

I would uninstall with DIM and delete the package and redownload, and if it's still bad submit a support ticket. I don't have that particular product so I can't check if it's working for me.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

It should have installed Darkwald into the Carrara application folder you have defined in the DIM settings>Application tab.

My Darkwald content installed to: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\Carrara8.5\Scenes\Darkwald

edited December 1969

Tried the uninstall and re-download; no success. Ticket #154743 entered. I'll try to remember to follow up if I find anything out, presumably I could try to un-zip and install by hand...

edited December 1969

At least that would tell you if there's something wrong with the zip.

edited December 1969

The zip seems to unpack fine by hand and I ran this quick render to test. No word yet on the ticket, but I have a work around...

DarkwalsTestSmall.jpg
    400 x 540 - 90K