Why is Carrara soo kewl?

MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,371
edited March 30 in Carrara Discussion

Why is Carrara soo kewl?

i mean, she isna just a skylab with date/time/ longitudinals and lattitudinals

Post edited by Mystarra on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 9,819

Kewl because of inspirational artists like the animation team behind Dinner for Few.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3788934/

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 1,486

Second youtube link is broken.

Back to the thread. Decent Bullt physics support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XGRj4VjPqk

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 2,229

Well, dang!  That was some awesome work.  PGre, are you Pete?  You created most of this long before I started Carrara.  I hope you post here more often.

Also, there's an artist named Selina on this site that you need to meet. smiley

• MystarraMystarra Posts: 32,371

high quality video,  thanks, can read the menu selections smiley

And dynamic ocean plane with surface replication heart

whatz that thing called, the kewl thing carrara does with shader and height terrain?

tjere was a tutt somewhere in cafe about how to use that kewl height shader thingie on the kewl ocean primitive to kewly froth the waves.

Well, dang!  That was some awesome work.  PGre, are you Pete?  You created most of this long before I started Carrara.  I hope you post here more often.

Also, there's an artist named Selina on this site that you need to meet. smiley

+1 kewly awesome tuttorials

• PGrePGre Posts: 71

Yeah, Thats me. Hopefully will be able to post more stuff soon. smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 14,671
    PGre said:

Yeah, Thats me. Hopefully will be able to post more stuff soon. smiley

Awesome PGre! Love your stuff!

3drendero said:

Decent Bullt physics support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XGRj4VjPqk

I love this tutorial!

Mystarra said:

whatz that thing called, the kewl thing carrara does with shader and height terrain?

there was a tutt somewhere in cafe about how to use that kewl height shader thingie on the kewl ocean primitive to kewly froth the waves.

Hmmm... I can't seem to locate the tutorial either. I think evilproducer did one on that. But the Shader feature you're asking about is the Snow field of a Terrain shader. You need to tweak the elevation limit of the snow field to just the right height, and give it a nice, frothy shader - like the snow shader, for example ;)

Thomas Schwenke also does some really cool videos using Carrara, like this one, for example:

...and this one

I also (still) really love this 2010 Carrara 8 Demo Reel

Why is Carrara so Kewl?

I think a lot has to do with the wonderful people that use it, like those (everyone) whom contribute to this very forum, from the new user to the highly skilled veteran, everyone posting in this forum helps to remind each of us how incredible this gem of a software can be - because it can solve so many visual tasks!

Speaking of Kewl Carrara-using people, some of them go above and beyond from time to time to promote public outreach. Don't get me wrong here... even our most quiet contributers add a lot to our community. But I think it's really neat that we can still grab amazing information that still drives inspiration to do incredible things, even if some of the material seems to be a little 'dated' if we actually pay attention to when it might have been created in the first place. But if we ignore the dates, the information contained within remains as interesting now as it did the day it was released. 

For a few examples, how about the die-hard contributers of the Carrara Cafe and the Carrara 3D Expo E-Zine! 

...and while we're on the subject of E-Zines, how about the awe-inspiring 3DXtract!!!

We also have another cool animation-centric forum to attend, Carrarators!

But even just within the many pages of this very forum, we have some truly valuable material that can be gleened simply by browsing and clicking on any number of the awesome threads that are going on in here. I'm utterly flabbergasted every time I visit, from the times I just get all wrapped up on the current topics on the main page to other times when I have time to venture deep into the pages of this never-ending vault of knowledge and inquisition.
    I love this place. I love the people. I love Carrara.
  • StezzaKararaStezzaKarara Posts: 4,911
    edited April 6

smiley

Cartman.png
    800 x 600 - 292K
    Post edited by StezzaKarara on

yes

what is there to know about hot points?

edited April 15