Transferring items in Content Library to scene

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

How do you transfer a hair item in the Content Library to the figure ? I've tried double clicking and drop and drag into the box but it still doesn't work ?

Moving_items_from_Library_to_scene.JPG
892 x 589 - 68K

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

Make sure the figure is selected before applying the hair.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

What's showing there are the material presets for the hair -- the hair itself is in the Figures folder. Load the hair with V4 selected, then select the hair and apply the material presets to change the color/style.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What's showing there are the material presets for the hair -- the hair itself is in the Figures folder. Load the hair with V4 selected, then select the hair and apply the material presets to change the color/style.

Thanks you were right in the end being a non-techie it took over 3 hours ! :roll:

edited December 1969

Slight problem every time I open Victoria 4 I keep getting the silver body not the flesh coloured one ??.... :ohh:

edited December 1969

Just found why, you have to be in the Pose & Animate file ! :red:

For the record I had no idea to begin with just how important these top 4 tabs at the top are or will be as they're lost under so much other similar black and white text that it becomes information overload. If they could somehow be prioritised say by being labelled in the largest Red text possible and numbered 1,2,3 and 4 so that they stood out I think it could save a lot of time in future.

Just my pennyworth but hope it helps....?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't use these tabs at all, and never have. On the left hand side, I have the Content Library, Scene, Surfaces and Smart Content, and on the right I have Parameters, Lights and Cameras.

I only ever really use the Content Library tab to find my stuff, and I fond that the search function works really well. You could try experimenting with your setup by saving what you have now under Window > Workspace > Save Layout As.., and any time you make a mess of the layout, you can reload the saved one and instantly get back to normal. You can save various layouts in this way, and you can load any of them when necessary.