Looking for a coach/bus (iray preferred)

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a coach type bus for a scene I'm putting together.  I found the Vintage London Double Decker but as this is an American scene it doesn't really fit.  I've done a search but can't seem to find a coach anywhere!  I'm looking for one of the city type buses you'd find in any American city, or even the Greyhound typs of bus that travels between states.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,148
    edited March 2019

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/e-m-t-bus-for-daz-studio/127432/

Is that a little closer? Maybe if you made a new texture for it?

Was kinda hoping Polish would make one, but alas ;)

Laurie

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,707
    edited March 2019

..heres the classic Greyhound sceincruiser. 

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/scenicruiser-1954/110553

Nimos used to have a nice transit bus here in the store for in Bryce and .obj format.  Sadly it appears it has been vaulted. 

I've been pushing for more "real" looking US tranit buses like the old GM "Fishbowl" from the 1960s/70s and "GM "old look" from the 1950s/60s as well as even comtemporary ones like those built by New Flyer and Gillig.  They are available but sadly on sites that are out of our budgets.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    AllenArt said:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/e-m-t-bus-for-daz-studio/127432/

Is that a little closer? Maybe if you made a new texture for it?

Was kinda hoping Polish would make one, but alas ;)

Laurie

If Polish makes that bus, one can only hope it has atleast the most basic rigging (wheels spin, steering wheel turns, door opens), not to mention 3DL mat presets and proper materials zones to make for easier convertion.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562
    edited March 2019

I got this coach a while back but can't remember where. The textures are quite low qual so not much good for close-up.

I'll dig around and try to see where I got if from.

Edit - I found one here but it's not the one I have.

Post edited by fred9803 on
  • TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

Thanks for all the ideas! I ended up going for the EMT Citybus which as suggestd I can make new textures for.

• valzheimervalzheimer Posts: 519
    edited March 2019

Urban Sprawl 3 by Stonemason has two buses (and couple other vehicles in vehicle folder) included that fit what you need too: https://www.daz3d.com/urban-sprawl-3

Post edited by valzheimer on
    edited March 2019

..the trouble is most modern 3D bus models I've seen are primarily all European design whcih few US transit systems tend to use. 

The current models in service in US most cities include the following.

Gillig:

New Flyer:

Orion

On the Highway:  MCI:

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,569
    fred9803 said:

I got this coach a while back but can't remember where. The textures are quite low qual so not much good for close-up.

I'll dig around and try to see where I got if from.

Edit - I found one here but it's not the one I have.

That's one of the buses included with Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 3.

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,172
    Keep in mind those urban sprawl 3 buses are very low rez.. Only intended for background use
  • kyoto kid said:

..the trouble is most modern 3D bus models I've seen are primarily all European design whcih few US transit systems tend to use.

I could certainly use one or two or these if I found them. Let alone an intercity bus/coach that works in DAZ3D.

kyoto kid said:

On the Highway:  MCI:

...or this. This would be perfectly OK for me.

I've not been able to develop quite a few projects by lack of intercity-type bus/coaches (or my inability to find them), both of European or American style (or even Asian!).

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,417

I did start making a coach model because I needed one for an idea (and, indeed, could potentially sell it when done), but like many of my projects I got derailed.

..the trouble with "actrual real" life busses particularly older ones commonly seen here in many cities in The States (below) is that they woud likely be restricted use models.

GM "New Nook" bus

GM "Old Look" Bus

Faegol "Twin Coach"

Marmon Herrington Trolley bus.