*Closed* RRRR What can go wrong when moving Voting Thread

TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
edited May 2019 in Art Studio

It's time to vote in the RRRR What can go wrong when movong contest. 

Anyone can vote, not only those participating in the actual contest. You can vote for any entries except for you own entries, and we vote in two categories, Best and Funniest. Best is more of a traditional render contest voting where funniest more takes the humorous look at the image. Some images have a few lines of text explaining the story behind them, which often helps the voting, specially in the funniest category.  Each win (1st to 3rd place) will also give the winner at least one sticky Lucky Bastard pull, which means the next round will be a little harder, see below for how wins and Lucky Bastards are counted. We have changed the dropoff of Lucky Bastards so you will loose at half of Lucky Bastard earned the previous round, and set a maximum of seven LBs affecting your pull, if you have more, you will just pull seven a little longer.

This time as we have a very very small prize pot, there will only be lucky bastards for first and second prize.

Vote here: RRRR Voting 
Entries are here: RRRR - What can go wrong when moving Entries only thread​

So, what are we voting about?

Winner in the Best category
- 1 item from Dumor3D's store (no DOs or Bundles)

Winner in the Funniest category
- 1 item from Totte's (Code 66)'s store (no DOs or Bundles)

2nd in the Best category
- 1 item from Dumor3D's store (no DOs or Bundles)

2nd in the Funniest category
- 1 item from Totte's (Code 66)'s store (no DOs or Bundles)

The voting starts now, and ends Sunday April 28 2019 at 23:59:59 DAZ Time

How votes are tallied and summed up:

Voting points: 1st = 5 points, 2nd = 4 points, 3rd = 3 Points, 4th = 2 Points and Tiebreaker = 1 Point.

If an image gets 1st, two 2nd, one 4th and two tiebreakers in a category, that is 5 + 2x4 + 2 + 2x1 = 17 Points

Every image points per category is summed up, and top three is calcutaled in each category. As we now have five prizes, a maximum of two entries from the same artist can end up top three in each category, this is to spead the joy a little more. 

The image with most points from the same artist will be the base, the the average score for up to for other images will be added to that score, but if that image takes a top three placement, images who got to the cream of the crop with help from other entires, will gain extra LBs based on how many places it climbed, minus one. Here are two examples:

Example 1: The top image from X has 15 points. X also has five other images that has been voted for, 10, 8, 7, 7 & 5 points. Thaking the average of the first four images behind the top one is 10+8+7+7 = 8, so the first image which was at 4th place, now gets 23 points and rises to the top and becomes the winner. But, that image climbed 3 steps, so it will not only win, but give the winner 3 LB for the next run. 

Example 2: The top image by Y has 11 points, and the second image 9 points. The top image will now have 20 points and go from 5th place to 3rd place, granting Y 2 LB for the next run.

If two images ends up with the same score, we use the same rules as in the European Song Contest, the number of higher scores wins over many lower scores, so if one image has 5+5+5+1 (16) and another has 2+2+4+4+2 (16) the first one will come before.

To avoid votespamming, anyone voting needs to post here in this thead that they did vote, and use the same name as they have posting here as the DAZ Forum name in the first question in the vote system at SurveyMonkey.

Remember to vote in both categories and place all five votes in both categories. Votes that fail to vote in both categories and votes faling to vote 2nd to 5th place will be discarded.

This time as we have a very very small prize pot, there will only be lucky bastards for first and second prize.

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654

I voted.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

Voted

• TynkereTynkere Posts: 834

Voted. Great job by all.  Theme was a good one

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Voted what amazing renders this month great job everyone!!

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027

Did my civic duty and voted.  Good job all !

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

voted

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Voted - great job, as always, RRRR regulars.  Laughed my a$$ off, on, or something.  

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498

We need more votes!!!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

Voted, good luck everyone :D

I'd be happy to vote a second time ! 
    (There were enough entries to probably select different pictures this time...)

Aw...sheesh ! Whaddaya mean ya can't vote twice !

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Voted.

OK, closing and tally, hopefully it's enough votes.

I've tallied but wanted to double check th results and then Survey Monkey was acting up like a real monkey whenever I tried to login, but I finally got to verify that the results I had tallied were the correct ones, so Now I just need to do the climbing part ;-)

edited June 2019

I was going to say that you should give the monkey a slap ...

(but luckily I decided not to)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

I was going to say that you should give the monkey a slap ...

(but luckily I decided not to)

I adjusted his flux capacitors with a Monkey Wrench

There is nothing like a monkey wench to get a male monkeys capacitors fluxing....

Gopherus said:

There is nothing like a monkey wench to get a male monkeys capacitors fluxing....

That's a good render idea!

edited June 2019
    Totte said:
    Gopherus said:

That's a good render idea!

I've only just spotted Gopherus' (deliberately?) dropped 'r', which turns your adjustable spanner into a medieval simian lass.
    Renders aplenty of bionic Shakespearian monkey rakes out carousing !

"Forsooth, bring on the monkey wenches !"

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

if 1000 monkeys typed for 1000 years could they indeed match the pun ishment of shakespeare?