Visible Texture seams

GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've been having a very weird problem with the Elite Maya skin textures lately. There are white lines visible along the UV seams, but only from a distance. When I zoom in close, they dissapear. It's not too bad, probaby wouldn't take more than a few minutes to fix in postwork, but still it's annoying.

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited June 2012

I believe it has something to do with the shading rate. Try increasing your shading rate in the advanced setting and see if that helps.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

What are your render settings, in particular your Shading rate?

• GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What are your render settings, in particular your Shading rate?

The shading rate is 1.00. I'm still fairly inexperienced with that aspect of DS, so I've never touched any of the render settings except for the image size. They're all be set to the defaults.

edited July 2012

Try turning the shading rate down to 0.1.

In my first post I meant to say decrease your shading rate.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited July 2012

Try turning the shading rate down to 0.1.

In my first post I meant to say decrease your shading rate.

I tend to use 0.4 most of the time but I would not go past 0.2 from past testing done by several people show no visible quality gain achieved over longer render times.

Post edited by NeilV_1 on
    edited December 1969

I actually use 0.05 most of the time and I do see a difference, but thats probably just me.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

I actually use 0.05 most of the time and I do see a difference, but thats probably just me.

I am interested to find out has this been just since the improvements to the render engine in Daz Studio 4 or have you found this since DS3 its just that most of the testing on this that I can remember was done way back when DS3 first came out, and as I don't tend to do realistic type images myself never found the need to push the settings.

• GeneRufusGeneRufus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Changing the shading rate to .1 seems to have done the trick. Thanks everyone. Though I'm still slightly confused as to why it was happening, because I've used that texture set before with no problems.