MICHAEL 6

scottidog2scottidog2 Posts: 319
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Looks like MICHAEL 6 is going to be released this month.

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

He looks like Poser James (who I always thought was cute).

What's the deal with DSON? Can we use those in Carrara or what are the limits?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,140
    edited December 1969

I believe Genesis 2 Male / Michael 6 works fine in Carrara 8.5, as does the Female version.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I believe Genesis 2 Male / Michael 6 works fine in Carrara 8.5, as does the Female version.

So if a model here in the store says DSON, it works in Carrara? There are some things I passed over because the store says it's DSON for DS.
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:

So if a model here in the store says DSON, it works in Carrara? There are some things I passed over because the store says it's DSON for DS.

All Daz Studio stuff these days is saved as DUF files which Carrara can use - older stuff was saved in a variety of formats (.ds etc) but these can be used by loading into DAZ Studio and resaving as a DUF file. As I understand it, DSON provides the companion files for Poser users, but you don't need these for Carrara as it loads and uses DUF natively.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes. I am a total newbie with Carrara, haven't tried anything complicated yet, still playing around getting used to the interface and the dials etc.

However I did manage to load a DUF of a clothing item into Carrara.

Admittedly all I then did with it was to export as an obj so I could put it into Poser and use it as a model to make some new textures for it, but that is another story.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes. I am a total newbie with Carrara, haven't tried anything complicated yet, still playing around getting used to the interface and the dials etc.

However I did manage to load a DUF of a clothing item into Carrara.

Admittedly all I then did with it was to export as an obj so I could put it into Poser and use it as a model to make some new textures for it, but that is another story.

And you do terrific textures if I may say so! Anyine who has not checked out Cholhole's Space (see link on her post) you should do so immediately!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thanks Phil. I have not done many for a while, as I use an older version of poser, so didn't get into Genesis, but that may change now that I have Carrara, if I get to grips with it.

I am finding it difficult, after more than 15 years using Bryce :roll:

edited December 1969

Can I suggest you have a look here:
    http://www.infiniteskills.com/training/learning-carrara-8.html

There are quite a few freely available chapters, including some basics on getting around in Carrara which you may find useful. It's fast and easy once you get used to it!