DIM Issue in Migration to New PC with Different LIbrary Path. (Solved)

lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

I copied my library over to my new PC, at a different path.

I then installed DIM and DS.

I changed the library in DS and the installation directory for DIM to that different path.

But DIM still thinks I have thousands of models to download (over again). I suppose this is because the new PC does not have the models in it's dowload archive. Those models are only archived on the old PC.

So, is there a way to fix this? Some log file of archived downloads to transfer?

Post edited by lukon100 on

Comments

• SIM knows what it has installed from the files in the Manifests folder, so if you copy that across (Public Documents/Daz Install Manager by default as I recall) it will not ask you to reinstall - though it will rmember the old path, so you either want to go into preferences and tell it to use the current install path rather than the original install path for updates or, if you have the zips, you can select everything in the Installed tab, right-click, and choose the reisntall option.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761
    edited March 2019

Thanks Richard.

So I copied over everything in the Public Documents/Daz Install Manager path. This made DIM keep proper account od what models I have already installed.

But, since the maifest files had the old/wrong paths recorded inside them, I re-installed all my DAZ things just to have the path records corrected.

I must say that having DIM unistal and then re-instal seems like a mighty convoluted way to correct all those path records. But if it must be done that way, I guess it must be done that way.

Anyway, the one thing I told DIM not to re-install was Daz Studio and associated SDK, 'cause I didn't want those few settings I had adjusted in Daz Studio already to be overridden, and their manifest paths were already correct anyway.

So for it all looks good.

Post edited by lukon100 on
  • Doc AcmeDoc Acme Posts: 1,153

SIM knows what it has installed from the files in the Manifests folder, so if you copy that across (Public Documents/Daz Install Manager by default as I recall) it will not ask you to reinstall - though it will rmember the old path, so you either want to go into preferences and tell it to use the current install path rather than the original install path for updates or, if you have the zips, you can select everything in the Installed tab, right-click, and choose the reisntall option.

Wish I knew that a couple days ago. Copied the Daz Downloads folder over to new sysem & DIM saw those just fine & installed where I wanted, but all the catagorization was wrong. Pretty much everything ended up in Lost and Found. Ended up just sorting it all out manually (there were always some catagory assingnments I questioned anyway) but working fine now.

• Installing should have used the included categories, if it ended up in Lost and Found that sounds as if soemthing went wrong. You could try reimporting Metadata - in the Content Library pane option menu (the lined button in the top corner, or right-click the tab) choose Content DB Maintenance, then check re-Import Metadata, the use the master check-box in the next dialogue to reimport all products.