Carrara object "explosion"

How can I create an "explosion" of my object in Carrara 8.5. I know I have to insert a particle emitter.

Thanks

Weet335

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

Hi,
    Carrara doesn't have a fracture tool, only a simple modifier with bad results, but usefull in some cases.
    My workflow is to use the plugin "Thrausi" in Cinema4D to break anything you want imported from Carrara and export the simulation as .obj sequence.
    After that, I use the "DCG/Obj Seq.importer" plugin in Carrara to import the .obj sequence.
    I often use the first multi-.obj exported, separate the different parts and run the physic simulation into Carrara.
    This is the basic of this process, you can of course, add some particles in your scene, use the displacement painting for your debries etc...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,901

the modifier does fracture the mesh but it's like an egshell because models are hollow

what you can do is actually export it after the first frame and get an obj mesh you can reimport and add thickness to in the vertex room then run that through a bullet physics sim

and composite the render with much fire and smoke to hide the transition in the animation 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,085

the modifier does fracture the mesh but it's like an egshell because models are hollow

what you can do is actually export it after the first frame and get an obj mesh you can reimport and add thickness to in the vertex room then run that through a bullet physics sim

and composite the render with much fire and smoke to hide the transition in the animation 

Very clever!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,819
    edited March 2019

you can also apply the explode modifier to an object then use the free plugin 'Convert deformed object to mesh' and then add thickness to it.. 

heres one I did to a cube

just can't remember where on the Carrara forum the plugin is... frown

explodeandthickness.png
    640 x 480 - 103K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,901

you can also apply the explode modifier to an object then use the free plugin 'Convert deformed object to mesh' and then add thickness to it.. 

heres one I did to a cube

just can't remember where on the Carrara forum the plugin is... frown

it must do the same as export with morphs and skinning just one step

the thickened reimport (or that mesh) for physics would need splitting BTW I am not sure if Carrara would do it though a softbody modifier would help make bits separate simulated.

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433

@Stezza

DCG´s Anything Grooves 

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017

Direct link to the free plugins: http://www.digitalcarversguild.com/carraraplugins.php