Newly Mad "Computer Gear" only Iray ;-(

I just bought "Computer Gear"

Materials only have Iray, i can't use it ;-(

This NOT MENTIONED on the Product Store Page!

@esha

Please make "RSL is for 3Delight" available, otherwise i will have to request a refund.

Would be cool if i can use this ;-)

T.H.A.N.X.

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

@esha

Please make "RSL is for 3Delight" available, otherwise i will have to request a refund.

T.H.A.N.X.

Well as a 3DL user, in all fairness I have to say, the product page says IRay material presets. It also lists what kind of maps are included. Shouldn't be hard to convert to 3DL. That said, I completely agree that  3DL mats should be included!

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

It may take a little effort, but checkign each item for emission texture and applying OmUberArae light shader to those and 'monkeying' with AMbient and Light COlour steting, and also applying (nmnot so needed!) another 'stanadard' Shader (UberSurafce or UberSurafce 2) to any other surfaces woudl be a good start, then save thme out as Presets?

• Well as a 3DL user, in all fairness I have to say, the product page says IRay material presets. It also lists what kind of maps are included. Shouldn't be hard to convert to 3DL. That said, I completely agree that  3DL mats should be included!

Hm, you are right that at the end it's called "Daz Studio Iray Material Presets (.DUF)"...

But for me that's misleading. Most devs write "works only with Iray" if that's the case.

And i'm definitely not expert enough to make those files on my own.

I only buy DAZ stuff to use it with 3d party applications (iClone,...)

So, it would be cool to use this but for me it only works if 3DL is included.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

I'm an Iray user, but I feel your frustration. I wish the store had some kind of tag system so we could sort out what's Iray, 3dl, DS, Poser, not to mention Bryce and Carrara. Plus all the architectural styles, clothing genres, vehicle types, etc. It would be so much easier.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited March 2019

A very brief ofling with 3Delight shaders got me this - so a bit more careful work would result in something a whole lot better:

You could just use teh AMbient properties of any 3Delight shader you apply, unless you wanted the actual glow of the lit parts.

Computer gear.jpg
    1700 x 956 - 249K
    Post edited by SimonJM on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886
    But for me that's misleading. Most devs write "works only with Iray" if that's the case.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen that.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

The problem being with that of course is that it DOESN'T work only in Iray. It still works in 3DL even if badly and requiring a more hands-on approach.

• I never had a problem like this. And i at least saw 2 times "works only with Iray", so i thought this was "usus"...

The problem is, i even can`t get the letters on office keyboard or laptop.

The rigged keyboard was a purpose to buy this... Without the letters it's useless to animate this ;-(

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

You just need to read the product pages. All that information is in there. 

Kitsumo said:

I'm an Iray user, but I feel your frustration. I wish the store had some kind of tag system so we could sort out what's Iray, 3dl, DS, Poser, not to mention Bryce and Carrara. Plus all the architectural styles, clothing genres, vehicle types, etc. It would be so much easier.

• TOYSTORYLABTOYSTORYLAB Posts: 52
    edited March 2019

I took the plunge and bought this...

Found no way to get the letters on the keyboard ;-(

Only when i render in Iray with Iray materials, i see the letters (in the render)...

As soon i used the script, letters still are not visible in the viewport, and, as this is normal (no Iray anymore) not in the render.

So, how can i get the letters visible to get this via FBX into my 3d party application (iClone) with visible letters???

Post edited by TOYSTORYLAB on
  • KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210
    edited March 2019
    fastbike1 said:

Kitsumo said:

Yeah, I got that. I'm just saying it would be easier if we could filter things out, kind of like how you can filter Genesis 3 female or Steampunk/Victorian or Petipet using the drop-down menus at the top. It would make searching the store a lot faster.

TOYSTORYLAB said:

Only when i render in Iray with Iray materials, i see the letters (in the render)...

As soon i used the script, letters still are not visible in the viewport, and, as this is normal (no Iray anymore) not in the render.

So, how can i get the letters visible to get this via FBX into my 3d party application (iClone) with visible letters???

Have you tried navigating to where the textures are stored in the Runtime folder? The textures themselves don't have anything to do with Iray or 3dl, so you should be able to make them work. Looking at the Readme file, the textures should be in "/Runtime/Textures/esha/ComputerGear/".  If you installed using DIM, you can select "show installed files", click one of them and it should take you to the folder.

Post edited by Kitsumo on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

If you mean the glowing coloured keys then that may be a bit more work as i imagine they use the emitter to get them to light up you will need to use ambient in 3dl to get them to glow.

@esha

T.H.A.N.X.

Well as a 3DL user, in all fairness I have to say, the product page says IRay material presets. It also lists what kind of maps are included. Shouldn't be hard to convert to 3DL. That said, I completely agree that  3DL mats should be included!

Why 'should' they be included?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    scorpio said:

@esha

T.H.A.N.X.

Hmm, why should ANY presets be included? Just provide the geometry and maps and let people try make things workindecision

scorpio said:

@esha

T.H.A.N.X.

Hmm, why should ANY presets be included? Just provide the geometry and maps and let people try make things workindecision

Would make things a lot cheaper.

• Kitsumo said:
    fastbike1 said:

Kitsumo said:

Yeah, I got that. I'm just saying it would be easier if we could filter things out, kind of like how you can filter Genesis 3 female or Steampunk/Victorian or Petipet using the drop-down menus at the top. It would make searching the store a lot faster.

TOYSTORYLAB said:

Have you tried navigating to where the textures are stored in the Runtime folder? The textures themselves don't have anything to do with Iray or 3dl, so you should be able to make them work. Looking at the Readme file, the textures should be in "/Runtime/Textures/esha/ComputerGear/".  If you installed using DIM, you can select "show installed files", click one of them and it should take you to the folder.

Thanx, that worked ;-)