Smart Content is Empty

Alright. I recently had a computer crash that threw me for a loop. When my computer recovered, my Smart Content was empty. The only way I can see anything in Smart Content is by unchecking the Filter By Content box and clicking on All Products. And even then, that only works in the Products directory, not the Files directory. There are no categories, nothing. Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Comments

• Are your files still there in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats?

• OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419

Yes, they're all still there.

• Are there no categories in the products tab of Smart Content too? It does sound like a partial corruption of the CMS database, though it's apparently remembering the products isntalled just not their files or it's not finding their files. Do you have a back up of your database (unless you've moved it it will be in your profiles AppData folder)?

I might have a backup. I have Carbonite services, and it would have a backup. Where exactly is the CMS database?

And if I don't have a backup, how do I reinstall said database?

• You need to restore the %AppData%/Daz 3D/cms/ContentCluster/ directory (thought hat would lose any chnages since the last back up, of course) - that's C:/Users/YOU/AppData/Roaming/Daz 3D/cms/ContentCluster/

The database is what holds all th categorisation and Smart Content compatibility information.

Thanks, found it. Already downloading the backup. Now I have to hope that it's an uncorrupted one.

Good news. Carbonite had the uncorrupted CMS. I downloaded it, installed it, and I'm back in business.

• That's great, thanks for confirming that it worked.