How do I install third party content on Mac OS X?

I've looked for the same question everywhere in google but they don't have the answer that I'm looking for. I have downloaded free content at http://inlitestudio.com/3d/ and https://www.renderosity.com. I don't know where to put the files. I have a Macbook Pro and I need help to install free third party content. The downloads from inlitestudio.com have Documentation, OBJ, and Runtime. But, I don't see those three folders in My Daz Connect Library and My Library folders. My Daz Studio is 4.10 version.

Post edited by Moonshine_2446656 on

Comments

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

For starters do not touch or alta anything to do with the "My Daz Connect Library" as this for where DAZ installs Encrypted DAZ Connect Files.

OK now onto installing 3rd party content, I use a app called Rendoinstall 2 which is only for MAC Users.  (Not sure if allowed to post link to file) You can either google it or seach for it on Renderosity.

On a side note: This app will only work if the zip file contains a runtime folder.

To locate your default install paths for your content open DAZ Studios Prefs,  Click on "Content" then on "Content Directory Manager"  you should then see 4 sections,  The only 2 you need to look at is "DAZ Studio Formats" & "Poser Formats".  Now if you expand these 2 you will be able to see where each type of content is placed.

• Okay, thank you.

• Platnumk said:

For starters do not touch or alta anything to do with the "My Daz Connect Library" as this for where DAZ installs Encrypted DAZ Connect Files.

OK now onto installing 3rd party content, I use a app called Rendoinstall 2 which is only for MAC Users.  (Not sure if allowed to post link to file) You can either google it or seach for it on Renderosity.

On a side note: This app will only work if the zip file contains a runtime folder.

To locate your default install paths for your content open DAZ Studios Prefs,  Click on "Content" then on "Content Directory Manager"  you should then see 4 sections,  The only 2 you need to look at is "DAZ Studio Formats" & "Poser Formats".  Now if you expand these 2 you will be able to see where each type of content is placed.

Legend, thank you!

• Unfortunately, not working on MacOS 12.... any chance to know updates?