Flowscape And Daz Studio - So Many Backdrops!

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

@6r Just browsing through the last several pages and your renders are so creative - great job showing what FS can do with Daz content!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

There's an update. Cameraa now save. New big rocks and some logs and stumps.

• 6r6r Posts: 463

Thanks a lot RCcincy. Yes these softwares are fantastic together.

Ah ? Great ! I'm downloading it.

Here with the "Abrams Tank" ! Before and during war ! One question only : WHY ???

6R

Black and white allows interesting renders too (then modified !).

Was this a giant ???

6R

Why not to be totally "kitsch" ??? surprise laugh cool

6R

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,874
    Spit said:

Do you mean, that .EXR files works for you?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885
    Artini said:
    Spit said:

Well if Pixelforest does get them working I warn you they will be massive, my UE4 ones are like 300+ MB

Artini said:
    Spit said:

No. It's not using my nVidia.

aHA. I thought Flowscape wasn't using my nVidia because my screen stuff is handled by Intel to free video ram for the 1080.

Well, I use Flowscape in windowed mode (or I never would have discovered it) and just realized my mouse cursor won't move outside the window!  I got GPU-z and, yup, the 1080 is doing it not the Intel.

So Windows is running my screen with a window inside run by nVidia. I think that's kinda neat.

You can click the windows button to move outside the window but it might minimise

I have two monitors one plugged into the motherboard  the other my card but that only affects what runs  the monitor not what the PC uses to do renders etc when my 980ti was in my box only the one on it went black when it crashed the PC kept working and the one in the motherboard stayed on with GPU-Z open on it but it stopped having the Nvidia card as a dropdown option. The only thing is I can now bring up both the Nvidia control panel and the intel one on both monitors before I could only do the Nvidia one. I think a graphics card will always take priority over onboard graphics if you have one unless you actually go into the settings and stop it.

• I have found Alt-Tab allows you to move outside the FlowScape window. There is an oddity beyond this too. If the window is maximised after being less than full screen, then the mouse can operate in the new area, but if you move it back into the boundary of the original window, it can't be moved out of that area without another Alt-Tab.

Regards,

Richard.

edited August 2019

well

good news and awful news

I managed to get it to capture an exr

a stuffed up one with image jumbled

bad news I got a black screen and my graphics card fan went bullistic and my PC shut down

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Good & that sucks.

Was the .exr direct from FlowScape? Or was it via Ansel? And which version were you using? Steam users seem to have got the much upgraded 1.5.3 while itch users are scratching about with 1.5.2. I downloaded 1.5.2 yesterday thinking Aurora & Unicorns for daughters would be on it. Ah well. Seems a bit of a wasted download knowing I'll be downloading 1.5.3 as soon as it arrives on itch.

As for the graphics card. Oh heck. Sounds as if the problem may have been a motherboard failure killing your two cards slowly. Not nice at all. Is it worth repairing or replacing? If the motherboard is killing things off, who knows how much of the rest of the machine has been affected.

Regards,

Richard

Good & that sucks.

Was the .exr direct from FlowScape? Or was it via Ansel? And which version were you using? Steam users seem to have got the much upgraded 1.5.3 while itch users are scratching about with 1.5.2. I downloaded 1.5.2 yesterday thinking Aurora & Unicorns for daughters would be on it. Ah well. Seems a bit of a wasted download knowing I'll be downloading 1.5.3 as soon as it arrives on itch.

As for the graphics card. Oh heck. Sounds as if the problem may have been a motherboard failure killing your two cards slowly. Not nice at all. Is it worth repairing or replacing? If the motherboard is killing things off, who knows how much of the rest of the machine has been affected.

Regards,

Richard

It was using Ansel and not the latest download either I have not updated FS yet from last week 

I am planning my best strategy for my issues need to pay some bills first but a lesser Win10 gaming PC with a much better card for my GPU softwares is a likely choice, use this one with my integrated graphics and CPU for other stuff.

Well I might try until I can get another PC Spit's method of only using integrated graphics for my monitors so if it crashes I can at least still access my desktop, my one monitor didn't crash but it has no taskbar or start menu, I still should be able to render with the graphics card too.

That is really sad news, Wendy.

My computer is also getting older and I have no idea, how long it will last.

On the bright side, I am slowly getting to the point of creating my own HDRIs from FlowScape.

Thanks to Ivy post: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4863751/#Comment_4863751

I have created 5 snapshots with 360 degrees panorama in Ansel with different exposures, like described in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/high-dynamic-range-images.html

and combined them using Nik Tools in Photoshop.

At least I am getting some light from such created HDR image in Daz Studio.

I wouldn't necessarily blame the motherboard for the fans going bonkers...My machine is fairly new (less than a year) and sporadically only when using Flowscape, the fans go nuts. I immediately hit the close button no matter what I'm in the middle of and it all calms down after a few seconds.

Spit said:

I wouldn't necessarily blame the motherboard for the fans going bonkers...My machine is fairly new (less than a year) and sporadically only when using Flowscape, the fans go nuts. I immediately hit the close button no matter what I'm in the middle of and it all calms down after a few seconds.

well it does only do it adding piles of stuff and having a DAZ obj import

so I better go easy

Can we avoid to use this fantastic Dragon in Flowscape ?

6R

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

WOW... fabulous! 

edited September 2019

Thanks a lot.

Don't visit this castle !!! 

6R

Post edited by 6r on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Spooky fun! 

• Spent most of the day getting v1.5.3 to download. My internet enabled laptop (not the Win7 desktop I use for FlowScape &DS) decided that the thing I most wanted to do when plugged in, was to save power and switched the WiFi off every 10 mins unless I moved the mouse. The 5 HOUR download became a bit of a bind as a result. Sometimes I really hate Win10. And at others I merely loathe it.

Regards,

Richard.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

... switched the WiFi off every 10 mins unless I moved the mouse...

I use a small program called MouseJiggler for long downloads on my Win10 laptop. The software simulates a mouse move and the computer thinks it has.

• Are you all serious 

Win10 sounds more awful every time I hear about it, am dreading having to update from 7 next year

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,098
    edited September 2019

I have no plans to upgrade my Win7 machine. That's why it's off the net now. It works well at the moment, and I have no desire for Micro$haft to correct that with an update. Have to do all updates to software with a separate pc and transfer everything over by a stick. But it's quicker than fixing an upgraded machine that's been bogged down with stuff I neither need nor want.

Corrected to un-correct an autocorrection.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • StevieCStevieC Posts: 70
    edited September 2019

I tried to import this Maxx Centaur/HiveWire horse hybred into Flowscape, but even with texture maps downsized, it wasn't finished uploading into Flowscape after an hour, so I just rendered it in iRay and combined the 2 images......love the new Rainbow effect!

HiveWire Centaur Stallion2.jpg
    1407 x 857 - 482K
    Post edited by StevieC on
    edited September 2019
    StevieC said:

I tried to import this Maxx Centaur/HiveWire horse hybred into Flowscape, but even with texture maps downsized, it wasn't finished uploading into Flowscape after an hour, so I just rendered it in iRay and combined the 2 images......love the new Rainbow effect!

Looks nice and I also would like to know, how to combine iray render of the figure with the background from Flowscape, in the best possible way.

Post edited by Artini on
  • StevieC, that looks impressive. You managed to get the lighting to match very well between the two images. I've tried to follow a Dreamlight tutorial on how to do this, but never quite managed to get the lighting to be similar.

It gives a better result, in actual fact, than importing the model into FS. They always look a bit dated old fashioned in the render quality when rendered in FS. Now that I've finally managed to download v1.5.3 I see there is a help on what the .obj mtl file settings do. May be able to improve hair quality in the FS render by taking the transparency map and using it as an alpha channel in a diffuse map .png file. Will experiment with this later today.