Daz3D model export into substance properly

I have exported my morph to Substance However, I need to make ID maps and have my figure properly make maps without turning black. Could someone explain how to fix this problem?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited March 2019

Moved to Technical Help as it is a question, not a Product Suggestion.

You exported a morph or a model? Is this something you made yourself, or one of the standard Daz figures?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Something I made myself.

• It may help to post some more details. Does it use UDIMs, or stacked UVs (overlapping in the unit square, each intended to take a different map) or does the whole thing fit onto a single map without overlaps?

• I belive my morph uses stacked UVs. Since I dialed multiple HDs on the figure. However, I exported the morph obj so would that change anything. 

• OK, so this is not somethign you made yourself - it is one of the Daz figures, a Genesis I assume, for which you have created a morph (either partially using your own modelling or stacking existing morphs). In that case it either uses stacked UVs (Genesis and Genesis 2) or UDIMs (Genesis 3 and Genesis 4). Substance (Designer or Painter?) does not support those, at least not without fiddling.

• Okay, so what methods do I need to do make the baking work? I've seen people do it with daz objects but, not on people.

• If the object doesn't use UDIMs or stacking then it should work directly, it's the particular mapping set up that is the issue. One option is to use a UV editor to scale the bloacks down by 50%, then slide them into the four corners of the UV space (there are more than four tiles, but if you just want skin you can shunt the rest into blank areas of the map and ignore them).